About KOKO NetworksKOKO Networks is a venture-backed technology company currently operating in Kenya and India. Our mission is to imagine and deliver technology that transforms life in the world’s fastest growing cities. We build and deploy cloud-connected "KOKO Points" inside local retail outlets, which provide mass market consumer goods in partnership with major suppliers. Our first solution is liquid ethanol cooking fuel, which offers significant cost savings and quality of life improvements in the multi-billion dollar urban cooking market. In Kenya, this solution is delivered in partnership with Vivo Energy, the operator of Shell-branded fuel infrastructure across Africa. KOKO offers a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment with significant opportunities for professional growth. We are looking for people who share our passion for technology and our vision for global impact.Your RoleAs KOKO grows within and outside Kenya, our team is looking for Test Engineers with a strong understanding of complex distributed systems and a demonstrated ability to effectively test and troubleshoot them.In this position you will work collaboratively with engineering team members to build productive working relationships and collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet KOKO’s quality commitments to its customers. KOKO’s suite of products spans multiple technical domains and disciplines in software and hardware, and so experience in end-to-end systems thinking across distributed components is key for this role.
What you will do
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Develop deep product and domain knowledge of KOKO’s systems.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements and create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using automation tools.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs through to closure.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to improve on their quality and functionality.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Work with the development team to provide inputs to fix issues and possible solutions to problems.
- Participate with the entire team in setting the quality standards for the product.
- Contribute to reviewing and defining quality processes.
- Provide training, guidance, feedback, and coaching to testing team members.
- Collaborate with team members on defects/issues and timelines to ensure timely delivery of releases.
- Track quality metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in manual and automation testing.
- Experience in creating test plans and test scenarios.
- Experience in BDD tools like Cucumber with web testing frameworks like Selenium.
- Experience in mobile app testing tools like Firebase Test Lab or Appium is preferred.
- Experience in testing REST APIs.
- Knowledge of database architectures and data models used in the relevant product.
- Experience working with Performance and load testing tools such as JMeter, Gatling or equivalent is a plus.
- Demonstrate problem solving and innovation ability.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking.
- Strong teamwork focus and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary plus a quarterly cash bonus
- Annual compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Discounted health insurance with no-cost financing for you and your dependents (in Kenya)
- 21 days of annual leave plus public holidays plus examination leave
- Ongoing investment in you and your skills, incl. full access to over 5,000 online courses
- The right equipment for the job - a choice of MacBook, Windows, or Linux laptop
KOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!