We are a group of Agile thinkers that challenge each other to unlock our own and our client’s infinite potential and we have an exciting opportunity which exists in our environment for and we have position available for UI/UX Designer that is a creative thinker with a good understanding of user interface design and development (web and mobile) to join the growing Software Product team. It must be someone passionate about keeping up with UI design trends and processes, and keen to grow their design and technical skills.
This person will be responsible for working with the Software Product team and should therefore be good at interpreting design briefs and creating intuitive user experiences. The role includes the end-to-end design process for both mobile and web, including user research and prototyping.
The ideal candidate should be able to lead the design process and engage with various stakeholders. They must be able to work independently and manage their own design projects and timelines.
You will need
- A relevant degree or qualification in UI/UX Design & Multimedia Design
- 2-3 years of experience required in relevant web/mobile UI design field
- A portfolio showcasing your creative work
- A basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Good understand of mobile-friendly responsive design
- A clear understanding of, and experience in the process involved in designing an intuitive and stylish user interface
- Experience in working with User Interface Design and Prototyping Software (for example: InVision, UXPin, Sketch, Figma)
- Experience in presenting to Business Stakeholders and collect client feedback
You will stand out if you also have the following
- Experience in Adobe CC Suite – specifically in InDesign, Photoshop
- Experience in creating fully interactive prototypes
- Experience in User Testing Focus Groups
- You have excellent organisational skills
- You have good understanding of designing and developing according to a brand standard
- You have a passion for good design and user experience
- You are a knowledge seeker with a passion for continuous learning - self-learning or on the job
- You are interested in the tech industry
- You are a fast learner and forward thinker, always keeping up with the latest design trends
- You are a strong independent worker, you can take initiative and manage your projects autonomously
- You can collaborate creatively with various teams
Your role responsibilities
- Interpret design briefs
- You will conduct user research through 1-on-1 testing and larger focus groups
- You will draw up wireframes to illustrate your user research findings and narrative
- You will create user high-fidelity user interface designs and interactive prototype click-throughs for mobile and web
- Communicate and present your designs
- Co-ordinate and manage external design partners
- Collaborate with developers to align with latest development standards
- Present work to stakeholders at various steps in the design process
So who are we and what's our culture like?
Our team members share:
- an appetite for the satisfaction of a tough technical problem solved.
- an insatiable curiosity for all things tech.
- an unlimited capacity to learn with equal parts brilliance and humbleness.
- a need for adaptable and agile methods (and thinking).
- a preference for the exciting opportunities presented by a start-up and small-team environment.
- and most importantly a disapproval of dullness.
What do we offer?
- Remote working
- Great Azure PaaS Learning and Training
- Collaborative, supportive and positive working environment
- Artisan Coffee
- Flexible working hours
- High spec laptops and devices
- Global clients
- Relaxed dress code
- Mulligan Days
- Hack Days
- On The Spot Awards
- Free GAP Cover
You almost there. One last thing - check out our Culture video if you would like to get a sense of who we are; https://www.nebula.co.za/about-us/
If you meet all the requirements and you like us then the last step is to send us your CV, because we would like to get to know you!
- Submit your CV and portfolio of design work