Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Sokowatch is seeking an experienced UI/UX designer to join our product team in building great user-centric software applications for our customers, partners and users across the supply chain process.
Reporting to; Global Head of Product.
Location:This role will be based out of our Nairobi headquarters.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support product managers in researching user personas and use cases
- Create user-centric interactive designs that align the user preferences & abilities with business requirements without losing sight of technical constraints
- Prepare low fidelity mock ups for backlog grooming
- Create high fidelity designs for agreed flows in preparation of sprints
- Collaborate closely with the marketing function on design & branding guidelines
- Contribute to establishing a consistent design system across all digital assets
- Communicate & coordinate diligently with technology stakeholders
- University degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer or similar
- Fluency in user experience principles and knowledge of best practices for interaction design, user-centred design processes
- Experience designing applications with multiple user touchpoints for web and mobile
- Experience in designing for first-time smartphone users with poor hardware
- Portfolio of work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design. This should also include the approach and process
- Professional proficiency in visual design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, or equivalent
- Strong team player and ability to make trade-offs in a fast-paced startup environment
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design proposals