Are you passionate about entrepreneurship in Africa, women empowerment, and investing in the most impactful ideas? Join us in our mission to accelerate early-stage investments and scale impact. Fast.
Anthea is an organization that seeks to catalyze early-stage investments into impact-driven female entrepreneurs in Sub-Saharan Africa. We work on the intersection of philanthropy and venture capital to support the best founders with capital, network, and capacity building. Over the last two years, we have worked with and funded a number of founders; now, we are looking for on-ground support to facilitate the organization's efforts and have a primary point of contact in the region.
What we have done so far:
- Raised philanthropic capital to operate three incubation programs and a number of financing rounds for impact-focused entrepreneurs
- Validated blended finance approach through international awards e.g., by the Bank of America, NUS Singapore
- Developed a rigorous impact measurement methodology
- Build a strong network of international advisors and mentors
- Be the primary point of contact in the region for inquiries from organizations and entrepreneurs
- Support building a network to facilitate deal flow
- Screen companies and support the evaluation of potential investments
- Facilitate the investment process and support portfolio companies
- Represent Anthea in the ecosystem
Who we are looking for:
- Self-starter personality, comfortable with responsibility
- Connected to local start-up environment
- Driven by impact and strong passion for entrepreneurship
- First experience in the start-up ecosystem, venture capital, impact investing, or similar environments
What you get:
- Opportunity to work with an international team with experience in VC, impact investing, and entrepreneurship
- Possibility to grow within a new and dynamic organization and drive impact region-wide
- A great personal learning experience and lots of ownership and responsibility
- Exposure to inspiring founders, mentors, and partners
Contact us today to learn more about Anthea and apply!