As the VP of Marketplace Operations, you will lead, develop, and execute upon a comprehensive strategy that aligns with Toptal’s strategic business initiatives. The VP of Marketplace Operations, leading a two-sided marketplace, will structure the function and processes needed to ensure talent supply meets our customer demand while meeting our extraordinarily high bar for quality. The success of Marketplace Operations will be determined by effective leadership and direction, aligned across a multi-disciplinary organizational structure.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
You will be responsible for building and executing a strategy to effectively meet the speed and quality expectations of our talent and clients. Working with our Executive and Marketing teams, you will develop processes to optimize talent supply against planned and targeted demand while ensuring talent satisfaction to continually attract high caliber talent and deliver an outstanding client experience.
Your strategic and analytical thinking will contribute to the formulation of unique solutions to streamline processes that result in efficient means to source, screen, and place talent under expanding vertical and specialization scenarios. You will continually gain insights from data and analytics in order to make sound business decisions. By applying your top-level leadership skills, you will ensure that your growing team is highly motivated and qualified to deliver upon Key Performance Indicators that result in the achievement of core business objectives. You will ensure strong management oversight and collaborative interactions between clients, talent, and our core team to support the achievement of objectives in the day-to-day operations.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Shadow key teams across the company to learn the core of Toptal’s operations and capabilities.
In the first month you will:
- Complete a current state assessment of the structure and functions within Marketplace Operations.
- Review and update Annual and Quarterly OKRs for Marketplace Operations and its subfunctions.
- Review and redefine career paths for roles within Marketplace Operations.
- Reevaluate and develop recommendations for a competitive commission, compensation, and incentive structure with the VP of Finance.
In the first three months you will:
- Implement a performance framework that will ensure each process step has an effective measure or KPI solution.
- Review and enhance training materials to ensure that all roles inside of Marketplace Operations have a clear direction in order to maintain high-quality standards, adopt best practices, and adhere to operating policies.
In the first six months you will:
- Develop and mature feedback loops between Marketplace Operations and processes external to Marketplace Operations.
- Develop procedures and processes to ensure that all talent has been sent to clients within newly established guidelines.
- Optimize talent screening quality and bandwidth to achieve newly established guidelines.
In the first year you will:
- Strengthen the infrastructure within Marketplace Operations for long-term scalability and client satisfaction in a constantly evolving work environment.
- Minimum 10 years experience effectively managing large-scale, multi-faceted operations with supply/demand components, ensuring client expectations for speed and quality are met.
- Ability to formulate and successfully execute upon business unit Key Performance Indicators.
- Proven ability to effectively apply analytics and business insights to the creation of strategic plans and executive decision-making.
- Understanding of Data Architecture and Analytics toolkits and languages.
- Demonstrated success with developing and deploying process improvement and workflow enhancements that result in streamlined operations.
- Financial acumen to develop and manage pricing strategies that project and optimize ROI in a two-sided market.
- Experience working with Finance to formulate compensation programs that effectively drive desired behaviors and align with business financial objectives.
- Experience working with Product Managers to deliver requirements that support optimization of workflow and operational processes.
- Experience with the development of risk management processes designed to detect and prevent fraudulent activities.
- Must have the ability to promote collaboration and proactively communicate with different stakeholders to drive alignment with strategic initiatives and hold teams accountable.
- Experience working in the recruiting, outsourcing, and/or talent space is a plus.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Note: This is a role that, while not open at the moment, highlights skill sets that are consistently in high demand within Toptal. We encourage interested applicants to apply - as a rapidly scaling company, we end up developing innovative new roles often. We regularly review the applicants for this position to find matches for these unique opportunities.