We transform consumer goods distribution in Africa to make it more efficient, transparent and responsible from a social and environmental perspective. Our SaaS platform connects the different actors of the ecosystem, brands, distributors, sales men and retailers. By allowing the information flow to circulate in real time, it contributes to improving the operational productivity and the visibility on commercial performance. Our solution relies on an Android application and a web interface.
The company is 5 years old, currently deployed in over 20 countries in Africa, both for local manufacturers and large international brands such as Danone, Nestlé, Orange, Vodacom, etc. We are based in various locations: Nairobi (Kenya), Dakar (Senegal), Grenoble, Paris and Nantes (France).
Get to know us:
Software Engineering @Optimetriks
Tech Stack: https://stackshare.io/optimetriks/engineering
- Kotlin, the one and only
- Koin for dependency injection
- Clean archi / Android Arch (LiveData, ViewModel) pattern
- New app released every 3 weeks
The team is currently small and agile. We make sure that everybody can work on projects that gets their interest, even if it requires training to jump on the subject.
We have well-defined process and methodology, based on the Agile Framework, to ensure that requirements are realistic and that deadlines can reasonably be met.
About the role
- You are in charge of Android developments, you prioritize and size your tasks to deliver on time
- You participate in the design phases, you draft technical specifications and you proactively elaborate solutions
- You demonstrate an effective use of testing and you proactively tackle technical debt
- Contributing to the modularisation of the Android application
- Improving application quality
- Maintenance of the application in production
- You have 2+ years of Android experience, ideally with Kotlin
- You are able to write modular and maintainable code without guidance
- You have a good understanding of android framework particularities
- You pay attention to details and dislike uncentered elements
- You demonstrate good knowledge of core concepts and tools (patterns, languages, tests, etc.)
- A GitHub Repository and/or an application on Google Play is a plus
What we offer
- A lively and interesting working and human experience in a dynamic environment
- The opportunity to be in close contacts with the rest of the team, the users and clients
- Growth potential as the company develops
- A remote-oriented approach of working, while keeping a strong unit and team spirit (team buildings, agile management, daily / weekly meetings, remote workshops…)
- A great working atmosphere at impact hub (rooftop in the sea side, swimming pool, tech events, meetups)
- A devoted and highly motivated international team