Who we are?
Modus Capital is an early to mid-stage ecosystem development fund that focuses on entrepreneurial ecosystem development in frontier markets by connecting them with developed markets providing cross border deal-flow, capital flows, and knowledge transfer. Our focus is the creation of new technologies to alleviate consumer and business pain points and the application of technology value-added for small-to-medium enterprises. Modus’ expertise lies in growing businesses by providing holistic operational support - something that we have developed, executed, and mastered over the past 5 years.
- Build and work with the full stack team to develop outstanding technological solutions for international markets.
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications.
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Writing API documentation
- Write test cases.
- 2+ years of experience in Back-end Development.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Knowledge of MVC architectures & Object-oriented Programming.
- Java Spring-boot Knowledge is plus.
- Experience developing SQl/noSql database schemas and ORMs.
- Redis integration with NodeJS will be good.
- Knowledge of Git + Gitflow
- Experience in integrating with 3rd party APIs.
- Experience in Unit Testing.
- Experience in DevOps is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills.
- Experience in engineering practices like code review, unit testing, branching and etc.
- Good understanding of Design Patterns
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Understanding of emerging cloud technologies - and the hunger to learn more and develop your knowledge further.
- Experience working within Agile development environments.
What we offer?
- You would work with a partially remote team of different nationalities on products in multiple industries, different countries and at various stages.
- Awesome work environment.
- Unlimited vacations.
- Quarterly bonuses based on meeting certain milestones.
- Annual professional development budget focused on your continuous learning and growth with us.
- Family Medical Insurance
- Work from home policy.
Note: We currently work from home due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.