The backend developer is responsible for building the server side services that power the app. Day to day you will be doing the following:
- Compile and analyse data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Recording data and reporting it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Taking lead on projects, as needed.
- Fluency or understanding of specific languages, such as PHP, or Python, and operating systems may be required.
- Strong understanding of Laravel Framework
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle, programming techniques (General Software Design Principles)
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- The ability & willingness to work autonomously/independently while in alignment with a team
- A curious mind that is eager to learn & innovate.
- Minimum of 2:1 in University/College Degree
At Altara, our mission is simple: to improve the lives of Nigerians. To do this, Altara and its dedicated team seek to tackle a critical challenge in Africa – access to payment solutions to drive financial inclusion.
Our debut service is “buy now, pay later”, where we allow formal & informal sector workers, and SME owners purchase a variety of products and equipment for their homes and businesses – instead of paying for the products in full upfront, they pay small amounts overtime.