Duplo is a Lagos-based fintech startup that enables businesses in Africa to digitize their receivables and payables, reduce time-to-cash, lower transaction costs, and generate more revenue from their business customers.
We want to make B2B payments as simple as P2P payment apps. Most business payments in Africa are made offline….yikes. We are on a mission to transform this.
We are backed by top investors including Liquid2 Ventures, My Asia VC, Soma Capital, YCombintaor, Oui Capital, and others.
This is a unique opportunity. You'll have the responsibility and resources to take a significant part in the creation of a paradigm-changing product that will impact millions.
- Work closely with engineering leads to aiding with architecture decisions for the application and supporting infrastructure.
- Help develop and own release versioning control and related documentation
- Design and implement testing and quality validation strategies.
- Building Restful APIs, SDKs, backend features, micro-services and infrastructure.
Technical & Professional Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of NodeJS and relevant frameworks
- Solid understanding of HTTP protocol and how server-side code is processed on the client
- Experience with typescript
- Strong working knowledge of Relational databases and NoSQL DB (Mongo DB)
- SQL / Database Queries
- Strong understanding of software development and design patterns
- Good working knowledge of ORMs
- Have a reasonable understanding of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Have strong experience creating and automating E2E tests.
- Eye for details is crucial
- Able to handle multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Experience with deploying code multiple times a day
- Experience with Scrum/Agile methodologies (Jira)
Additional Skills & Competencies:
Excellent communication and organizational skills