Over puts the power to inspire the world, build a business, or grow your brand – in the palm of your hand. You can create impactful visual content in just a few taps, with no design experience necessary. We've also recently joined forces with GoDaddy on its mission to radically shift the global economy toward life-fulfilling independent ventures.
At Over we believe that Creativity is the magical act of making change happen.
It’s the power to reinvent yourself and the sorcery of making something out of nothing.
It's also the terror of a blank page; a rough destination with no directions.
But with the right tools, creativity turns any obstacle course into a playground.
So we take the hard parts out, so our users can focus on the joy of making change happen
Our users are ambitious, driven, and highly creative go-getters, entrepreneurs and dreamers, and we make it our mission to ensure they’re equipped with the tools and knowledge to make their mark on the world – whatever that may be.
We have an incredibly talented team of inspiring individuals, who have worked tirelessly to make Over into the wonderful product it is today. Together, we’re inspiring the world to create, one design at a time.
We’re an award winning (yes! You read that right - we’re one of Apple’s 2019 apps of the year in the ‘Storytelling Simplified’ category) with a distributed team spanning a wide range of locations – and we’re constantly growing.
At Over, we live and breathe these values – and they show up in everything we do:
- See it big keep it real – We don’t shy away from big ideas and crazy thinking – that’s where great things are made. But big ideas need clear plans. So we always come back to the problem, back to our why, back to the smaller steps. That’s just how we roll
- No mud; no lotus.
- The road to reaching our mission is filled with ups and downs. And let’s be real, sometimes we’ll end up elbow deep in fertilizer before the good stuff grows. But the low points provide the teaching moments. So get your hands dirty. Just ... maybe wash them afterwards.
- It’s a playground, not an obstacle course. We’re in the business of sparking ideas and encouraging big dreams, and you can’t do that without a whole lotta play. And hey, life will give you lemons, but we say “throw them back and play catch!” That’s how we make sure that when a problem comes knocking, we’re ready to take it on.
- Good hearts do great work
- Good work comes from all types. But great work? That happens when we leave our egos at the door. When we speak the truth, listen hard, and take accountability for our actions. This is how we ensure that we make each other better. And better us = better outcomes.
- You can’t pour from an empty cup
- Think big, work hard, push yourself, bring your A game – but for the love of everything awesome, sit yo’self down and recharge. Eat the delicious thing. Get some vitamin D. It’s called balance.
- It takes a village What we do here? It takes all of us. It takes diverse thinking and fresh ideas. It takes trust in each other to do what we say we will. And it takes freedom to do our best work, whenever and wherever that is.
- We say “thank you”. Like, a lot. For big things, small things, old things and new things. Our #gratitude Slack channel is a constant reminder we’re an overwhelmingly grateful bunch.
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Your manager is in Pretoria, South Africa, but you’ll be working remotely from anywhere in EU time zones.
What you'll get to do...
We are looking for a Back End Engineer to assist in building robust back end microservices to support content, search and other features that help our users on our platform. We want to optimize tools, all while gaining valuable insights to help continually improve our products.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives as well as improving existing architecture.
- Collaborate with a world class cross-functional team delivering the future of our design solutions for our Over product across Android, iOS and web.
- Build new and maintain existing services.
- Bring innovative ideas and solve complex technology problems and be a strong participant in the Over by Godaddy-wide web developer community affecting and driving web engineering across the company.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering various Back End solutions for Over web and mobile products.
Your experience should include...
- 5+ years of professional experience with back end applications such as building real world web applications.
- Proficiency in Java/Kotlin and/or Go.
- Experience in writing REST APIs.
- Experience with cloud services such as Google Cloud Services, Microsoft Azure, AWS.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and associated technologies and patterns such as Buddy Build, Ansible, Git, Git flow etc.
- Experience with a service-oriented architecture and associated technologies and patterns preferably microservices architecture, Docker, Kubernetes.
We've got your back...
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.