Who we are?
Modus Capital is an early to mid-stage ecosystem development fund that focuses on entrepreneurial ecosystem development in frontier markets by connecting them with developed markets providing cross border deal-flow, capital flows, and knowledge transfer. Our focus is the creation of new technologies to alleviate consumer and business pain points and the application of technology value-added for small-to-medium enterprises. Modus’ expertise lies in growing businesses by providing holistic operational support - something that we have developed, executed, and mastered over the past 5 years.
- Provide technical leadership for the design and development team in cloud based solutions.
- Maintain Modus’ products in a flat, agile environment.
- Oversee all technical matters companywide and manage the technology support team.
- Work collaboratively with the development team, and various stakeholders within the company to ensure the delivery of all products in an efficient and timely manner.
- Lead, train and mentor the technical team.
- Provide guidance and insight to upper management.
- Report progress, including any changes made to plans and production.
- Contribute to product design and establishment of requirements.
- Delegate technical responsibilities and monitor the progress of projects.
- Deliver products consistently, on time, and on budget.
- Oversee user testing and report results—adjust requirements as needed.
- Work closely with project manager/product manager during all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Review all work produced by the development team and ensure code produced meets company standards.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Software Engineering field.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in building middleware solutions using Java, Node.js, or similar technologies.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in leading cross-functional teams.
- Strong knowledge with one or more data technologies like SQL, No-SQL, In-memory DB.
- Knowledge of data events and streaming technologies like Kafka.
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodology and Agile technical practices.
- A full-stack experience in backend and frontend.
- Strong knowledge on continuous integration, continuous deployment and Dev-ops.
- Extensive Experience with Unit Testing and integration testing.
- Experience with one or more cloud services like AWS, GCP, Digitalocean, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience with setting up and using static code analysis tools.
- Extensive Experience with GitHub and GitFlow.
- Problem solving skills.
- Experience in code reviewing for cross teams.
- Exceptional communication and reporting skills
- English fluency is a must
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to delegate responsibilities effectively.
What we offer?
- You would work with a partially remote team of different nationalities on products in multiple industries, different countries and at various stages.
- Awesome work environment.
- Unlimited vacations.
- Quarterly bonuses based on meeting certain milestones.
- Annual professional development budget focused on your continuous learning and growth with us.
- Family Medical Insurance
- Work from home policy.
Note: We currently work from home due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.