Posted on June 25th, 2021 | 61 days left to apply | 97 views
Access to financial services is a prerequisite for economic development that benefits everyone. Our goal at Kudi is to provide a service that caters to the needs of everyone. Inclusion plays a significant role in advancement. We intend to be one of the forerunners by providing affordable, fast, and reliable cash payments for all Africans.
Over 1.7B people around the world do not have access to basic financial services. Kudi’s mission is to make financial services accessible and affordable to all Africans across the world. Kudi started from Nigeria, a $300B cash payment market. We’re currently digitizing cash payments for over 1million Nigerians with our Chatbot and 14,000 agent points across the country.
In just two years, we have grown and currently process over $80m in monthly payments, more than ₦1Billion in daily transactions. Our goal is to bank over 10 million Nigerians in the next 12 months. In furtherance to this mission, we are seeking passionate, goal-oriented individuals to join our team.
Kudi software engineers build solutions that will forever change the face of finance and banking in Africa by bringing affordable banking services to the doorstep of people across the continent. We’re looking for engineers that can bring fresh ideas and experience to the table from all areas of expertise including distributed system design, mobile development, systems architecture, networking, security and more.
As a backend engineer, you will be responsible for all levels of our vast technology stack from design to deployment; developing intelligent and resilient mission-critical systems which handle tens of millions of dollars in transactions monthly. You will also be responsible for significant architectural decisions, guiding the rest of the team technically and using all of the tools at your disposal along with your initiative to get stuff done.
- Excellent programming skills
- At least 3 years experience developing in Java (Springboot and Dropwizard frameworks) & NodeJS in the industry
- At least 3 years experience developing with MongoDB and MySQL
- Strong affinity for technical design and system architecture
- Experience working with containers
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong System Architecture Design skills
- Knowledge of fundamental computing topics, e.g. networking, databases, concurrency, parallelism, locking, algorithms, data structures, performance monitoring, optimisation, etc
- Knowledge of modern software engineering practises, e.g DDD, TDD
- Ability to work autonomously and lead technically
- Ability to take initiative and get stuff done
- Great communication skills
About the Position:
- You will work across different technology stacks and languages (mainly with a focus on Java and NodeJS);
- You will have an end to end responsibility of many services from design to deployment;
- You will join a small, fast-paced team of engineers
- You will be a point of call for technical matters
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of NodeJS
- Experience working in financial services
- Experience in python
- Strong communication skills - verbal & oral
- Approachable - easily approachable for others to discuss challenges with you