The Business Analyst serves as the principal conduit for managing system requirements between the business and the Software Development team during projects.
The incumbent will report to the Software Development Manager.
- Diploma or Degree in computer science or similar (advantageous)
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- A team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources
- Ability to take strategic direction from executive management, Initiative
- Ability to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
- Good understanding of Agile Methodologies (Scrum and Kanban)
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Creative skills / using initiative
- Integrity and honesty
- Strong analytical and Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently & also able to work as part of a team
- Self-driven and motivated
- Hard working
- Time and priority management
Duties & Responsibilities
- Elicit business requirements from business users and subject matter experts.
- Define and document requirements; Analyse requirements
- Create a breakdown of functional requirements in the form of User Stories
- Assist in exploratory testing and test case creation for each user story
- Validate that the use case was implemented correctly for each user story
- Facilitate backlog grooming and user story preparation for development