Are you a hunter, not a farmer, and thrive on finding and closing new business opportunities? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced new business development executive with a passion for sales and technology, in particular fintech, and the unique opportunities this presents to our clients.
- New business development focus throughout the entire sales cycle, from lead generation to negotiation, through to deal closure.
- Active lead generation – be innovative in implementing a research approach against a guideline of techniques to define a target client base.
- Proactive learning and education of our product content guides, and services provided by the business to ensure we are always providing accurate information.
- Work closely with prospective clients to identify their needs and answer key questions to facilitate rapid evaluation of our product and thus quicker sales processes.
- Nurture your pipeline effectively, with a focus on flow and pace, and constant projection to revenue target achievement.
- Meet with prospective clients to demo the product, using innovative approaches where required.
- Collaborate with our development team to provide feedback from the market and provide input to assist in guiding the product road map.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to put together and submit quotations to prospective clients.
- Educate customers on the solution in a consultative way, resulting in successful negotiations and contracts submitted for signature.
- Continue to maintain excellent relationships with all prospective clients, as well as internal team members and leadership team.
- Successfully drive revenue growth and ensuring revenue target achievement.
- Minimum 4 years B2B sales experience.
- Completed Degree (commerce or technical).
- Proven experience in cold-calling and lead generation.
- Proven ability to build new relationships across levels and generate new business.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently without micro-management, but is also a team player.
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written.
- Excellent presentation skills to individuals and groups.
- Ideal candidate would have worked in a startup / small business / small division, and must not have a corporate mindset.
- Experience or knowledge of the financial services industry would be advantageous.
- Ideal candidate would have sold computer software to businesses, preferably SaaS.
- Ideal candidate is smart and a fast learner.