- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in the mobile network operator/OEM industry.
- Experience in mobile payments and app/content ecosystem.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Market development or business development experience.
- Engineering and international/consulting experience.
- Ability to serve as an advocate for accounts internally and work collaboratively to identify opportunities or resolve issues.
- Ability to represent Google in deal discussions, represent partners with Google and structure terms to achieve ongoing partner alignment.
- Ability to interpret legal documents and work with attorneys on language.
- Ability to speak and write in English and French fluently.
About the job
The Android Platform Partnerships team helps partners realize the mutual benefit of making, distributing and connecting Android-based products for users throughout the world. Central to this is the Android platform itself, provided open source for free to anyone. Google Play is the official Android applications and content store hosted by Google, syncing applications and content magically across your devices and on the Web. Android's Product Partnerships team is adding a business development deal-maker/partner manager to drive our continued success in Nigeria.
As a Business Development Manager, you'll be responsible for leading Android-related distribution deals for Google services with mobile network operators and other entities. You'll work with partners to secure broad distribution of Google services and then manage those relationships on an ongoing basis.
- Grow the Android ecosystem in Nigeria, working closely with key stakeholders such as mobile network operators and pay TV operators.
- Lead all aspects of Android account management with selected mobile network operators in the region and manage product/service launch programs.
- Build strong long-term trust based relationships and manage partnerships to deliver results by becoming an expert on each target’s organization, business model, and strategic priorities.
- Help to realize and optimize value from partnerships.
- Work closely with other account teams at Google to develop coordinated account strategy where appropriate.