Lami Technologies is a fintech startup looking for eager interns to support our growing business needs for 2020. Lami is a pioneer in the digital insurance space, on a mission to break the 3% insurance penetration barrier in Africa, and provide a safety net for every person in the continent. Lami is an insurance SaaS platform with customers ranging from insurance companies, banks, and digital platforms. Our headquarters are in Nairobi, Kenya.
We are looking for motivated and talented individuals to join our team. The goal of this position is to improve the organisation’s sales activities and reach the expected sales targets.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be working closely with a supervisor, other colleagues and team members to coordinate and collaborate on the execution of planned sales activities.
Lami Technologies is dedicated to developing successful leaders, and we strive to make this internship as realistic and informative as possible.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate activities of a sales team
- Managing Qualified Sales Leads with the goal of closing the deal
- Understand and assess the needs of the client to maximize sales potential
- Develop proposal and sales pitches for B2B partners to solve issues they may be facing
- Organising demos with leads
- Answer product and technical questions
- Run Proof of Concepts (POCs)
- Coordinating customer engagement with other teams
- Identify partners and maintain relationships with them
- Identify business opportunities by finding prospects , research and recommend new opportunities
- Recommend product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors
Qualifications and Skills
- Good research and investigative skills
- Ability to work independently and remotely, i.e. have a laptop and a quiet space
- Organizational skills and detail orientated
- Bachelor or MBA degree in management or related fields
- Fluent English, Verbal and written skills required
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to manage and collaborate efficiently with a remote team
- Good understanding of technology
- Experience in a sales / business development role for SaaS products
- Good concept design and modelling skills