We are looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst to join our team. As a BI Analyst you will collaborate with all other departments, leveraging data to support their business insights and data driven decision making.
Entrepreneurial and independent, with a sound background in business analysis, the successful candidate will be capable of:
- Investigating business systems, taking a holistic view of the situation, including organisation structure and governance, key stakeholder needs and staffing issues as well as current processes and IT systems.
- Collecting requirements through standard techniques like document analysis, interviews, focus groups, workshops, customer journey and other process mapping and design thinking.
- Documenting business requirements using appropriate documentation standards.
- Working collaboratively internally and with partners to deliver chosen solutions.
- Working closely with clients, gathering requirements and translating them.
- Ingesting data from a variety of corporate data sources and performing required transformations in Power BI query editor.
- Data modelling capabilities including designing effective BI data models in line with the Kimble methodology and CDM.
- Developing calculations in DAX which are accurate and performant on large datasets.
- Designing effective layouts using themes and report grids, working closely with our UX design team.
- Utilising the navigation features in Power BI (e.g. bookmarks, drill-throughs) to guide readers through a compelling data-driven story.
- Working with different business units to manage User Acceptance Testing (UAT) processes and fixing any defects identified.
- Publishing reports via the Power BI service, managing them through distribution of apps and monitoring usage/data refreshes/security access.
- Shaping an approach for governance and deployment of Power BI in mid-size organisations, including advising on licensing, distribution/sharing, training and support.
Key Skills Required
- 3+ years’ experience as a Business Intelligence developer using the Microsoft BI stack e.g. SQL Server database, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI
- Very strong SQL skills for querying and creation of views/tables, functions and stored procedures.
- Experience in designing ETL processes including knowledge of data warehousing strategies and theories.
- Build dashboards, reports and cubes using SQL, MDX, DAX, Power BI or other visualisation tools.
- Develop new or maintain and improve existing ETL processes.
- Articulate and document architectural solutions and processes.
- Attend technical and business meetings and act as a subject matter expert.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with stakeholders.
- Understanding dimensional modelling ideally for Financial Services and Public Sector.
- Knowledge of cloud computing, preferably on AWS.
- Experience in logistics or transportation industries.
- Hands-on experience developing ETL solutions using Python.