Location: Nairobi, Kenya
At Pula, we are radically restructuring agricultural insurance, using technology to insure the previously unbanked, uninsured, untapped market of 1.5 billion smallholders worldwide.
We work in 12 countries across Africa and Asia, and in 2020 alone, we facilitated crop and livestock insurance cover to 1.6 million farmers across Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Mali, Senegal, Zambia, Ethiopia, and Malawi.
We are fast-paced, fun loving and constantly adapting to new opportunities and challenges. We are a high-performance, multi-cultural team. We expect our team to value performance, results and professionalism.
At Pula, we are:
- Customer Obsessed: Pula’s insurance protects those who feed the world, and we are obsessed with delivering value to smallholder farmers as we build the systems that protect them against catastrophic risks together with global insurers, businesses and international NGOs.
- Groundbreaking: We stretch the limits of what’s possible, bringing agricultural insurance to places where it has never been before.
- In the trenches together: financially sustainable businesses for agriculture in Africa are tough to build and rare to achieve success, and so we have each others’ back as we build this new Africa.
- Make it happen: We execute at a high level, even in complex circumstances and with tight seasonal deadlines, with the goal of building a sustainable and profitable enterprise
What you will be doing:
Administration & Office
- General office supervision
- Provide admin support to the Special Projects Associate
- Assist in procurement functions.
- Timely and accurate submission of all reports as requested
- Maintenance of all official company documents and record
- Research into key business questions
- Assist in regulatory and statutory compliance, ensure licenses applied for and renewed on time
- Take on duties as and when requested
Board, Investor and Legal Matters
- Provide board administrative support
- Assist in board/Investor documents compilations and other activities
- Assist in communication efforts all through the organization
Special Projects Support
- Assist in managing running projects e.g System Implementations, entity set ups and other mid to long term projects
- Provide support for company activities and events
- Manage short term projects e.g clean up and filing of company documents on drive
Finance and HR
- Provide support to finance and HR teams as when requested
What you need to have to be successful:
- At Least 1 year working experience
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Business or any related field
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and retain/organize information
- Ability to perform in a cross-functional team
- Ability to prioritize work
- Exceptional work ethic
- Advanced skills in MS Office, Google Suite, Teleconferencing tools