Prodigy Finance is a platform that delivers socially responsible financial services; making it possible for students from more than 150 countries to fulfil their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools by financing their international postgraduate studies, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$1 billion through the platform to fund over 19,000 students.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, RMIH, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank
What will you do in the role?
Joining our Funding team, your work will involve assisting with the running of our listed bond programme and bank warehouse facility operational activities. You will be responsible for timely and accurate reporting to our bond investors and preparing reporting for our structured credit facilities as well as analysis as per lender requests.
You will be responsible for drawing down funds on a weekly basis from our lenders to disburse to students. You will work with all parts of the business gathering data and performing key analysis on our bonds and pipeline of loans. You will also interact with our bond investors on new bond issuances and queries.
There is a lot of depth to this role and exposure to capital markets and funding planning.
What are some of the roles and responsibilities of this role?
- Manage the monthly end of cycle and quarterly bond processes (reporting, coupons) ensuring coupon calculations and transfers are accurate and that all reporting is sent timeously to investors and the paying agent
- Assist with bridge funding documents, required notices and monthly interest calculations
- Produce performance analysis across the portfolio of bonds and for ad-hoc lender requests
- Onboarding new investors - running KYC, and compliance checks, when required, and setting up on our platform
- Assist in answering queries from our existing investors
- Supporting the bond issue process (trade and settlement), requiring coordination between the issuing agent and investor custodians
- Prepare weekly funding drawdowns from lenders for disbursements
- Assist in preparing monthly bank facility reporting and payment waterfall calculations
- Facilitate loan modifications and loan sales (between lenders) with internally across teams and with the trustee
What would the ideal candidate be great at?
- Outstanding analytical thinking capability; both quantitative and qualitative; able to learn new concepts and business issues quickly
- Highly organised, ability to multi-task, schedule and project manage; can correctly prioritise multiple issues, opportunities and process large amounts of data from disparate sources
- Strong attention to detail; logical, systematic, relentless focus on 100% accuracy, a strong desire for errorless and perfectly presented work product
- Problem-solving aptitude; able to conduct research to define problems and prepare responses to anticipated questions and queries, make logical conclusions, anticipate obstacles, and consider different approaches during the decision-making process
- Ability to work autonomously without micro-management and clear direction, in a rapidly changing and often ambiguous environment; possess the self-motivation and inner drive to set and deliver against tight deadlines bringing a “results focused” approach
- Startup DNA; Resilient, gets things done, 80/20, carpe diem, adaptable to change, huge capacity for hard work in a relentlessly fast-paced environment
Qualifications and experience
- 3 - 5 years financial services middle office experience, ideally from a leading investment bank or asset manager
- Possess a relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification (finance, statistics, mathematics, accounting or economics)
- Strong data analytical skills in MS Excel
- Bright, motivated, energetic, independent, organised, creative, resilient, accurate, ethical
- Great communicator, people person, professional presenter, brand ambassador
- Must be adaptable to change and the fast pace of a dynamic Fintech company