Ozow is the future of payment — a world-class payment platform for customers and merchants that is Ozow easy, Ozow fast, and Ozow secure. With benefits as big as our ambitions, we’re looking for candidates who can inspire us and be inspired by us. We’re striving to become the industry leader that provides the simplest and easiest way to pay. And while we’re on our way to building an inclusive payments market, we’re building an equally inclusive workforce. So, join us as we achieve big things and beyond.
More about this Ozow fantastic position
A critical part of meeting Ozow’s strategy is having a financial expert and leader who will execute on our growth plans and expand the business in a lean environment. As the Chief Financial Officer, you will lead the finance and accounting functions, be hands-on and in the details, and provide strategic and financial insights to promote the use of metrics to drive the business.
You are an ideal candidate if:
- You have 12+ years of post articles CA(SA) experience with a minimum of 5 years in financial services.
- You have a minimum of 3 years in an executive leadership position.
- You have successfully raised capital through multiple series funding rounds.
- You have proven experience leading, driving, and executing on merger and acquisition aims.
- You have expertise defining the processes and implementing the infrastructure/systems needed to support substantial growth, including the implementations of new ERP and WMS systems.
- You have experience working in rapidly changing environments that required changes in resource allocation.
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Serve as a member of the executive team and will be an architect of the company’s strategy. You will be key in developing and driving operational and financial changes which to contribute to a scalable business.
- Ensure and report on ROI in terms of engagement and deployment of resources across all departments in line with the strategy set.
- Safeguard the future value of the business by critically examining the risks and expected returns on different strategy alternatives. This can be a balance of challenging approaches while continuing to be viewed and valued as a growth and prudent risk-oriented team member.
- Hire and manage A-players and teams.
- Support the COO and CEO and other stakeholders to raise capital to scale the business where applicable.
- Work in close partnership with the CEO and other stakeholders to assist with merger and acquisition efforts of the business.
- Drive the Ozow culture and values across the business.
Your skills and experience:
- Honest and have integrity. You do not cut corners ethically. You earn trust and maintain the confidence of clients and team members.
- Strategic in your thinking/visionary. You can see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. You determine opportunities and threats through a comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Innovative. You generate new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Entrepreneurial. You have experience creating new value within the business.
- Data-driven. You have experience utilising data from across the business to drive insights and better decision making.
- Digitally competent. You are aware of the most relevant or common technologies and can decide upon the most appropriate technology according to the purpose or need at hand.
- A good listener. You let others speak and seek to understand their viewpoints.
- Assertive. You move quickly and take a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Open to criticism and ideas. You often solicit feedback and react calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
Health and safety first
These are unprecedented times and because our people couldn’t be more important to us, health and safety couldn’t be more important to us. We’ve made sure that our office is a safe place to work and we’ll continue to do so, to ensure that we combat the spread of COVID-19.
Benefits as big as our ambitions — huge
At Ozow, first and foremost, you’ll get to do meaningful work and grow your career. But we’re also not your average 9-5 company. We work together and play together and because we really care, we offer plenty of perks too.
Some of the things to look forward to:
Fitness challenges and healthy eating. Medical and Life insurance plans. Be the hero or toast the hero of the month at first-Friday drinks. Take half a day off from work on your birthday and let us celebrate this special day with you by giving you a little spoil. Your family is our family, they to get spoils and get to join us on special events. Our holistic wellness program will give you access to a toll-free confidential telephonic counselling line which is available in all 11 languages, 365 days a year. We thrive on seeing our team members grow by creating a learning culture. There is so much more where this came from, but enough to get you excited.
Convinced? We thought so.
If we seem like the kind of forward-thinking, progress-making, energetic company you’ve been waiting for, give us a shout. We’d love to hear from you.