OkHi is a smart addressing system, enabling 4 billion people to “be included”.
We’re solving a problem affecting half of the world and costing businesses $200bn a year.
Backed by Google and Facebook, we’re a team with Silicon Valley expertise, strong values and a pioneering culture.
We’ve recently raised $3M to prove how smart addressing should work, starting in Nigeria and then scaling to every other emerging market in the world.
We need you!
OkHi is solving a global problem. We’re growing fast in Nigeria and plan to scale internationally in 2022. This creates a unique opportunity for an experienced CFO to close a significant Series A round, drive the business to profitability and scale internationally.
- A CFO with 8+ years of finance experience, including in a growth stage startup
- Experienced in fundraising having led a business through successful Series A+ rounds
- Trustworthy so can quickly build realtionships with potential investors and customers
- A negotiator who finds a way to get what the business needs
- Commercial in your approach to optimise pricing, unit economics and revenue
- Strategic to optimise our corporate and accounting structures
- Legally proficient in local financial laws to ensure we’re fully compliant
- Detail orientated to ensure our P&L is accurate and up to date
- Data driven in your drive for defining and growing our business metrics
- Self-organised so can handle that there’s always too much to do
- A skilled communicator who strives for proactive and open dialogue
- A coach who is energised by managing and growing your team
- Own our P&L, driving the business to profitability through growing revenue while minimising costs
- Forecast our P&L with a financial model and set budgets for the business every quarter
- Drive fundraising, working with the CEO to prepare and raise our Series A and future rounds
- Manage investor relations through providing regular investor updates and maximising their impact on the business
- Optimise pricing through both qualitative and quantitative insights from the market
- Negotiate deals, collaborating with the CCO to close large enterprise deals
- Own business dashboards, providing transparency to the team and driving data-driven decisions that will optimise our unit economics
- Restructure our business entities and accounts to unlock the business for international growth
- Mitigate risks by auditing and managing the financial risks of the business
- Manage your internal and external finance team to successfully execute
- Purpose driven about our mission - to enable the 4 billion people without a physical address to “be included”
- Guided by our company values which support us in our daily decision making
- Be bold - make audacious decisions
- Be open - build trust by being vulnerable
- Go lean - increase the speed of learning
- Grow together - with open feedback and collaboration
- Enjoy your journey - life is a marathon, not a sprint
- Excited to work with diverse people to accelerate the growth of the business
- Backed by world class investors including Google, the co-founder of AirBnb Nate Blecharczyk, and ex-CFO of Google Patrick Pichette
- We operate remotely but you need to be working within +/- 3 hours from West Africa Time
- Ideally you have previous experience working in Nigeria or another emerging market