The Database Administrator will be responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of databases. He or She will also be involved in the planning and development of the database and storage systems in MainOne, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users. He or She will evaluate relevant trends and suggest changes, enhancements/ upgrades, or eliminations to Main One’s existing environment and provide innovative, reliable, and high-quality database solutions for the Company.
The specific responsibilities will include:
· Design/implement data persistence solutions with the right database solution.
· Implementation of best practice guidelines and policies relating to databases as well as capacity planning of databases, storage and backup.
· Ownership of operational stability of business-critical database instances.
· Day-to-day proactive monitoring, including monitoring error logs, database and log space, user activity, and resource utilization.
· SQL and DB performance tuning, reporting and forecasting.
· Developing and refining of backup procedures and policy.
· Creating of automation tools for managing relational databases (auditing, account management, backup/restore, discovery, schema deployment)
· Working with infrastructure owners to test and verify integrity of data archives.
· Storage management, including storage design, configurations, implementation, additions and consolidations.
· Storage capacity planning and implementation.
· Performance monitoring, troubleshooting proactive support and problem analysis as may be assigned by the manager.
· Managing and supporting the SAN Environment
· Operation and support of data enterprise backup systems
· Scheduling of backup jobs based on documented procedures and schedules.
· Providing improvement feedback on backup procedures and standards.