Are you an experienced Corporate Accounting Manager with insight into the world of Fintech? Someone who understands crypto and the blockchain space?
We are an American-based company that is one of the first movers to bring cryptocurrency to Africa at large. The mission is to make bitcoin/blockchain and other FinTech services more accessible, and affordable, than ever before. This dynamic company is looking to hire a Corporate Accounting Manager.
Our vision strives to form a committed team of forward-thinkers who collectively create a supportive, welcoming and highly innovative environment for all. Whilst driving business through technology.
Job Type: Remote | Full-Time
The ideal candidate is someone who has:
- 5+ years of accounting and financial reporting experience within a multinational business or top tier accounting firm, and have mastery of IFRS accounting standards (US GAAP and OHADA a plus)
- A CPA, CA, or ACCA qualification (or similar accounting qualification for your jurisdiction)
- You have the ability to turn large data sets into meaningful insights
- You have a strong knowledge of internal controls and financial reporting
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- You are highly proficient in MS Excel
- You have fantastic written and spoken communication skills
- You are able to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- You have the appetite to jump headfirst into a fast-moving, fast-growing, mission-driven team that values creativity and output
- Own and manage the month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing process across all our jurisdictions
- Prepare the monthly management accounts for each of our entities in Africa, including relevant flux and variance analyses
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP, IFRS, US GAAP, and OHADA as applicable
- Collaborate with the treasury and data teams on balance sheet accounts reconciliations
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and suggest process improvements as needed
- Work with external auditors to perform the annual audits for all our jurisdictions
- Preparation of technical accounting memos and developing an accounting and financial reporting manual
- Support overall department goals and objectives
- Fulfil other ad-hoc finance requests as requested by management
If this sounds like the perfect job opportunity, then apply today!