What does dLocal do?
dLocal is the #1 payments leader focused on emerging markets and helps some of the best companies in the world expand in emerging countries. Global brands such as Amazon and Zara rely on us to increase conversion by eliminating complexity and managing their payments expansion effortlessly. As both a payments processor and a merchant of record where we operate, we make it simple and risk-free for our client partners to make inroads into the world’s fastest-growing, emerging markets.
What’s the opportunity?
Lead dLocal’s strategy and partnerships in Nigeria in order to enable local payments processing for international merchants.
What will I be doing?
- Contacting potential partners -acquirers and banks-, building relationships with them.
- Negotiate and execute commercial partnerships and agreements.
- Work with internal teams on operations/ product/ technology road map and integration of partnerships.
- Analyzing performance results and optimize accordingly.
- Improve operational capabilities for the different payment methods.
- Stay on top of local regulatory/licensing requirements and how it impacts our business.
- Work closely with merchants and commercial team, focusing in the development of key products.
- Maintain personal networks, participate in professional organizations, attend conferences and industry events.
- Contact with local lawyers, accountants and tax experts in order to ensure the operation is running accordingly.
- Stay on top of local regulations and engage with regulators in case its necessary.
What skills do I need?
- Someone open to constant change in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment, a self-starter, open to working across time zones with teams all over the world.
- Proven experience in payments or other financial systems in Africa.
- Proven success partnering and working cross-functionally to make things happen.
- Significant experience negotiating and executing contracts and agreements.
- Established relevant business network.
- Someone willing and able to take smart risks based on solid strategy and deep partnership understanding.
- Team player - can effectively lead a project or participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations.
- Curious profile and positive attitude.
- Thorough knowledge of the market.
- Technical knowledge will be considered a plus.
- Commitment to compliance and understanding of the regulatory environment in Nigeria.
What happens when I apply?
First, apply so we can review your CV. We will then reach out to you by email if we find that your profile is a fit for our role and schedule a virtual interview via Google Meets with HR. You will be updated regarding the specific steps along the process. If you don’t hear from us this time, don’t worry! We’re constantly updating our careers page with new positions, make sure to come back and apply for a different one!