We are an American based company looking to hire a Data Analyst to join our exciting remote team. We are one of the first movers in bringing Cryptocurrency to the masses in Africa.
Do you love, live, and breathe data? Ideas are always plentiful in a startup environment, especially in the crypto space, we need someone to help prioritise and assess the way we metricise and interpret data to drive the best journey for our customers.
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced ever-growing, profitable, venture-backed company. We are looking for a highly driven, analytical team-player with a positive attitude and the experience to guide the business, product, marketing and engineering teams through all data requirements.
Job Type: Remote
Qualifications and skills:
- 3 years of experience in a data analysis role including technical knowledge of tools such as SQL, Database Design and Scripting. (Coding background an advantage i.e. Python)
- Equivalent duration of experience with a BI product like QuickSight (Tableau, Power BI etc)
- Direct experience in FinTech especially digital assets such as Crypto an advantage.
- Analytical and meticulous – can easily find edge cases when translating data requirements
- Exceptional written and in-person presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure
- Attention to detail and the tenacity to make sure quality standards are high
- Bonus points if you have ever championed the implementation of a data lake on Google Big Query (Redshift etc)
- Establish a deep understanding of the customer need, identify and fill data gaps and aid the generation of new ideas that grow market share, improve customer satisfaction and drive growth through a data first strategy.
- Identify areas that need improving or updating, finding solutions based on thorough research and deep analysis
- Research for data solutions including analysis of internal analytics data, consumer and competitor analysis, summarising, and presenting insights
- Operationalise the daily, weekly and monthly understanding of reports through automation and establishing dashboards that are widely accessible through a collaboration with the engineering team and stakeholder driven objectives.
- Exude your upbeat energy and enthusiasm each and every day to motivate your team to be the best they can in every aspect of what they do
- Celebrate the success of others by recognising the contributions of committed team members and their achievements
- Align your values with our Mission, Vision and Values
- Be a role model for our culture by creating a positive impact at every touchpoint with people, with every word you say or put in print and everything you do
- Communicate in a fashion that is respectful and well understood
- Collaborate with your peers to collectively think of innovative ideas that drive business through technology
- Build and utilise working relationships with internal business partners across the organisation and external business contact
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!