Praelexis is a Machine Learning startup based in Technopark, Stellenbosch. Our goal is to extract practical value from massive datasets. Consequently, we apply advanced machine learning algorithms to a variety of real-world industrial problems on a large scale. The position will initially involve consulting at one of our enterprise financial services customers.
We’re currently looking for a skilled person with the following core skills:
- 3 to 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Expert knowledge of the software development life cycle(SDLC).
- Expert Python programming skills.
- Experience in designing, implementing and deploying ETL/data pipelines with Airflow/Luigi/PySpark etc.
- Experience in designing, implementing and deploying highly scalable RESTful APIs in production using frameworks such as Flask, FastAPI etc.
- Familiar with DevOps, CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Travis, Pipelines etc.
- Experience working in a cloud environment with containerisation frameworks, tools and platforms (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, Helm etc.)
- Experience with data pipeline frameworks or solutions such as Databricks
- Experience in cloud environments such as Azure, AWS etc.
- Strong experience with SQL and/or NoSQL database.
- BScHons in Computer Science,
- BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering (4yr), or
- Other relevant experience and qualifications.
Additionally, any of the following attributes would count in the applicant’s favour:
- Experience in productionising machine learning models and workflows.
- Experience building data solutions using AWS cloud services: S3, EC2, EMR, Glue, Lambda etc.
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation etc.
- Experience with development process such as agile and scrum