We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team Your role will be to design, build, and maintain the data analytics architecture at SafeBoda. You will be in the BI & Analytics team which is at the heart of decision making across the business at SafeBoda. The team's core focus is to provide business data and meaningful insights across all areas of the business.
- To fully understand how data is analyzed and consumed by departments across SafeBoda.
- To identify the optimal way to store data in a set of tables, databases, datamarts, data lakes, data warehouses for SafeBoda’s scale, and set of use cases.
- To build a data pipeline from an events stream (in Kafka) into the new data architecture.
- To migrate data from legacy data storage systems into the new data architecture.
- To maintain the new architecture and ensure the system is stable.
- Work closely with the SafeBoda Engineering team on understanding new product features, the data model, and deployment processes.
- Provide some support for the SafeBoda DevOps team.
- BS/BA or higher in quantitative fields, statistics, math, computer science, operations management, engineering, or related disciplines.
- Experience implementing data pipelines for storage and processing.
- Experience building data lakes for analytics and machine learning.
- Experience with technologies like Kafka, RabbitMQ, Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, etc.
- Experience with programming/scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Java, Scala, etc.
- You feel comfortable querying different types of databases (ie PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redshift) and knowledge of AWS technologies.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Including the ability to communicate complex concepts to non-technical audiences in a clear way.
- Live the SafeBoda values, represent the company in everything you do, and constantly fly the flag.
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth.
- Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced team.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Free SafeBoda transport.
- Free lunch.