We are looking for a Data Engineer to join the Big Data Engineering function at OLX Egypt & Lebanon.
You will be participating in exciting projects covering the end-to-end data lifecycle – from raw data integrations with primary and third-party systems, through advanced data modelling, to state-of-the-art data visualisation and development of innovative data products.
You will have the opportunity to learn how to build and work with both batch and real-time data processing pipelines. You will work in a modern cloud-based data warehousing environment alongside a team of diverse, intense and interesting co-workers. You will liaise with other departments – such as product & tech, the core business verticals, trust & safety, finance and others – to enable them to be successful.
- Design, implement and support data warehousing;
- Raw data integrations with primary and third-party systems
- Data warehouse modelling for operational & application data layers
- Development in Amazon Redshift cluster
- SQL development as part of agile team workflow
- ETL design and implementation in Matillion ETL
- Real-time data pipelines and applications using serverless and managed AWS services such as Lambda, Kinesis, API Gateway, etc.
- Design and implementation of data products enabling data-driven features or business solutions
- Building data dashboards and advanced visualisations in Sisense for data cloud teams (formerly Periscope Data) with a focus on UX, simplicity and usability
- Working with other departments on data products – i.e. product & technology, marketing & growth, finance, core business, advertising and others
- Being part and contributing towards a strong team culture and ambition to be on the cutting edge of big data
- Evaluate and improve data quality by implementing test cases, alerts and data quality safeguards
- Living the team values: Simpler. Better. Faster.
- Strong desire to learn
Required minimum experience (must)
- 3+years Experience in data processing, analysis and problem solving with large amounts of data;
- Good SQL skills across a variety of relational data warehousing technologies especially in cloud data warehousing (e.g. Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Vertica, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with one or more programming languages, especially Python
- Ability to communicate insights and findings to a non-technical audience
- Written and verbal proficiency in English
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to think creatively; highly-driven and self-motivated; strong curiosity and strive for continuous learning
- Top of class University technical degree such as computer science, engineering, math, physics
Additional experience (strong plus)
- 1+ years of experience working with customer-centric data at big data-scale, preferably in an online / e-commerce context
- Experience with modern big data ETL tools (e.g. Matillion)
- Experience with AWS data ecosystem (or other cloud providers)
- Track record in business intelligence solutions, building and scaling data warehouses and data modelling
- Tagging, Tracking and reporting with Google Analytics 360
- Knowledge of modern real-time data pipelines (e.g. serverless framework, lambda, kinesis, etc.)
- Experience with modern data visualisation platforms such as Periscope, Looker, Tableau, Google Data Studio, etc.
- Docker Containers and Kubernetes