Schlumberger has an opening in Egypt for a Data Engineer role in the Digital Subsurface Solutions Data Science team, who will be responsible for guiding the successful delivery of Analytic Solutions to internal customers.
Location: Cairo, Egypt
The Data Engineer will be responsible for designing and executing undirected research and tackling open-ended data problems related to AI, ML, predictive / analytical modeling, data mining, and research on large scale, complex data sets, using statistical, machine learning, graph modeling, text mining and other modern techniques.
This individual is also responsible for collaborating with various teams and providing periodic updates through presentations and prototype demonstrations. The role will require working on multiple projects simultaneously. This position will also be involved in the formulation of key business requirements to be solved, rationalizing the various analytical approaches to solve those problems.
Finally, this position is involved in helping to develop, analyze and draw conclusions, and presenting the results back to business users. Depending on the candidate’s qualification, this position can be either a Data Scientist or a Senior Data Scientist.
- Collaborate with our clients, oil and gas subject matter expert and engineering to develop an understanding of needs and the expected output.
- Responsible for building, deploying, and monitoring predictive and machine learning models that leverage the data to improve our customers experience and solve our oil and gas customers problems.
- Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders through the end-to-end data science process, starting from understanding the oil and gas business problems, different data sources, and setting KPIs, to collecting, cleaning, and analyzing data till model deployment.
- Collaborate with Engineers to transform POC to production level.
- Works with business and engineering teams to implement robust and scalable industrial software solutions
- Applies engineering knowledge in developing data-driven algorithms and prototypes for classification, regression, anomaly detection, failure prediction, and optimization
- Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge and contributes to technical discussions and reviews as an expert in related areas of responsibility
- Communicates ideas, plans, and results effectively via oral and written reports - Works effectively with peers, management, operations groups, and outside organizations
- Participate in technical forums and other appropriate events and conferences
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, applied science, engineering or similar disciplines with demonstrated research capability with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- 2+ years of experience building machine learning systems applied to business problems
- Demonstrated experience in developing core machine learning algorithms in professional research and development settings
- Strong background in some of these listed areas: machine learning, time series analysis / sensor processing, deep learning, optimization/operations research, text analytics/NLP, computer vision
- Demonstrated experience in building and applying machine learning / predictive modelling in real-world use cases
- Excellent communication, verbal and written skills
- Must be able to legally work in Egypt. Egyptian candidates preferred or current Egyptian residents may apply.
- Excellent knowledge of developing deep learning models using tools such as TensorFlow, Keras, Pytorch, etc.
- Understanding and past experience of Oil and Gas domain is a plus
- Experience working with, processing and managing large data sets (multi TB scale) is preferred
- Track records of past publications in relevant topics
- Immediate availability is an advantage
- Ability in designing distributed and parallelized algorithms
Other skills and abilities:
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to work both autonomously and in a team
- Strong ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a good understanding of latest technology trends for developing back end for Cloud applications
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. As a leading employer in our industry, Schlumberger is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.