AppZone is Africa’s leading provider of home-grown financial technology solutions. We expand the scope and competitiveness of financial institutions by delivering disruptive innovation on agile technology using best practices.
We recognize that our super-talented and highly motivated people are at the core of our unprecedented success so far. As such, we hire people with exceptional talents and abilities, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally while delivering impact and having fun!
Your contributions have the potential to impact millions of people across Africa as we work together to provide technology that empowers people with unlimited access to financial services.
We are looking for an innovative, self-driven and ambitious Database Administrator to join our technology team! As a Database Administrator, you will be responsible for maintaining the health, performance, and integrity of our database systems.
As a Database Administrator, your job responsibilities include the following.
- Participate in database server architecture and design as well as server environment recommendations for the overall infrastructure solution including storage capacity planning.
- Responsible for database alerts, maintenance plans and scripts to acquire, store, and transform data for the company’s data warehouse and its various users.
- Manage database security and control access permissions and privileges.
- Maintain the health, performance, and integrity of the database systems
- Responsible for availability, reliability and integrity of business data stored in production databases.
- Perform SQL server administration and maintenance functions.
- Communicate regularly with the development team, business, and operations team to ensure the security and confidentiality of data.
- Resolve production database issues and implement improvements to prevent a recurrence of the issue.
- Backup and restore databases when necessary.
- Design and develop architecture for data warehouse including source data ETL (Extract Transform and Load) strategy, data movement and aggregation as well as data quality strategy.
We would love to meet someone with:
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or any other related field.
- At least 3 years DBA work experience in a Fintech company, Telecommunication company, IT Infrastructure company, software company, etc..
- Candidate should have a good knowledge of software, IT Infrastructure, Payment, and banking.
- Strong capabilities in Database Management.
- Candidate must be highly proficient in problem solving, time management, analytical thinking, ambitious and have a great drive to succeed.
- Candidate must have strong attention to detail, great communication skills and works well in a team.
This role functions within the group and reports to the Database Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria