We are an American based remote company, and looking to hire a DataOps Engineer with experience in the financial services industry, to join our exciting remote team. We are one of the first movers in bringing Cryptocurrency to the masses.
As a DataOps Engineer you will be responsible for expanding and optimising data structures, the data pipeline architecture, and data collection for cross functional teams. You will guide and support our software developers and product team on business initiatives while ensuring optimal data delivery architecture is consistent.
Top candidates are clear communicators who are highly self-motivated; eager to collaborate, exchange knowledge and apply new skills to proactively seek out weaknesses in the environment.
Job Type: Remote
Salary: Based on experience
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, specifically in the cloud architecture space
- 5+ years of experience with relational SQL databases, of which 2-3 years should be experienced in nosql.
- 2+ years of experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages like Python
- 2+ year of experience working with or understanding formal ETL tools
- Knowledge of cloud based data products such as AWS Kinesis, AWS Glue, AWS Athena and AWS QuickSight, and the ELK stack.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and assess risks, threats, patterns and trends
- Verbal communication skills, including presentation skills, with an ability to communicate with a range of technical and non-technical team members and other relevant individuals.
- Time-management and organisational skills to manage a variety of tasks and meet deadlines
- The ability to multitask and prioritise your workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- An ability to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with threats and at times of high demand.
As a DataOps Engineer, you'll need to:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery.
- Maintain and improve the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Build analytics tools that utilise the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
Type of person: Critical thinking, strong in your domain and can engage and lead some of the largest most intimidating companies in the world
- Whether it’s working on a solo project or with the team, you are self-directed and comfortable supporting the needs of multiple teams, systems, and products.
- Exude your upbeat energy and enthusiasm each and every day to motivate your team to be the best they can in every aspect of what they do
- Celebrate the success of others by recognising the contributions of committed team members and their achievements
- Align your values with the Mission, Vision and Values of our team
- Be a role model for our organisational culture by creating a positive impact at every touchpoint with people, with every word you say or put in print and everything you do
- Communicate in a fashion that is respectful and well understood
- Collaborate with your peers to collectively think of innovative ideas that drive business through technology
- Build and utilise working relationships with internal business partners across the organisation and external business contacts
Do we spark your interest? Then send us your CV today!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!