We are a group of Agile thinkers that challenge each other to unlock our own and our client’s infinite potential and we have an exciting opportunity which exists in our environment for and we have position available for a DevOps Engineer.
The main purpose of this position is to take ownership of DevOps within the Nebula group, both internally focused across project teams as well as client projects with applying all of the required DevOps best practices.
Key Responsibilities (KPA’s)
- Review current implemented systems to continually close DevOps gaps
- Capable of designing and implementing DevOps related solutions
- Engage with clients and advise on the best practices in line with the projects plan and scope
- Advise clients on DevOps practices that will allow for easier integration with our products
- Contribute to the DevOps vision of the company through focusing on process, tools, and culture
- Continuously keeping up to date with latest Devops tools and techniques
- Keen knowledge seeker also capable of sharing acquired knowledge within a team
- Constantly questions that which is not understood and points out areas of uncertainty
- Capable of problem solving independently, with timely escalation when needing support
- Regularly volunteers for new challenges outside of specialist skills
Job Scorecard (KPI’s)
- DevOps solution and architecture design
- DevOps best practices
- Implement solutions according to planned out tasks
- Workshops with customers to share DevOps knowledge
- Training and documentation on supporting and monitoring Cloud applications
- Implement and advise on DevOps best practices
- Maintain company Tech Radar and DevOps roadmap
- Drive weekly DevOps meetings and progress
- Own DevOps OKRs and report on them weekly
- Ongoing client engagement on best practices
- Assisting project teams close the loop from Support to DevOps
Skills and Tools
- Relevant software engineering degree
- Experience as a software developer, QA, or DevOps
- Experience in Tools & Technologies would be an advantageMicrosoft AzureAzure DevOpsGrafanaSonarCloudVisual Studio Code
- Microsoft Azure
- Azure DevOps
- Visual Studio Code
Please note that the list of responsibilities provided above is a summary of the duties that this job consists of. The incumbent therefore agrees and makes a commitment to perform any and all such activities, which may be required to attain and achieve the performance criteria for this job.
So who are we and what's our culture like?
Our team members share:
- an appetite for the satisfaction of a tough technical problem solved.
- an insatiable curiosity for all things tech.
- an unlimited capacity to learn with equal parts brilliance and humbleness.
- a need for adaptable and agile methods (and thinking).
- a preference for the exciting opportunities presented by a start-up and small-team environment.
- and most importantly a disapproval of dullness.
What do we offer?
- Great Azure PaaS Learning and Training
- Full remote work
- Support for equipment to work from home
- Collaborative, supportive and positive working environment
- Artisan Coffee
- Flexible working hours
- High spec laptops and devices
- Global clients
- Relaxed dress code
- Fully stocked bar, braai and pool table for use during Friday afternoon socials
- Mulligan Days
- Hack Days
- On The Spot Awards
- Free GAP Cover
You almost there. One last thing - check out our Culture video if you would like to get a sense of who we are; https://www.nebula.co.za/about-us/
If you meet all the requirements and you like us then the last step is to send us your CV, because we would like to get to know you!