Innovation is at the heart of what we do. At Agolo, natural language processing, machine learning, and data are at the core of our work.
We are seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our engineering team in Cairo. As a DevOps Engineer at Agolo, you will work closely with our data science and product teams to build the next-generation AI summarization platforms.
Join Agolo and come work with some of the world’s most talented data scientists, engineers, and thought leaders.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Maintain our datastores, monitor the load, design and implement backup and restore plans, scaling, clustering (sharding/replication)
- Maintain the infrastructure on the cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) allocating new resources, setting up new platforms/clusters with the proper configurations
- Write Helm charts and CircleCI Orbs
- 3-5 years of experience in the industrial software development life cycle (coursework and MOOC projects do not count or qualify)
- Strong programming skills with the ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Strong experience administering Linux ( RHCSA/RHCE is a plus )
- Extensive hands-on experience of at least one of the cloud provider: AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Solid experience with container runtimes and orchestrators (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Solid experience with continuous integration systems (CircleCI or Jenkins)
- Experience with Git
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving systems engineering (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems. (e.g., Kafka, ElasticSearch)
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience with operating microservice architecture
- Experience with Helm
- Experience with monitoring tools (Prometheus)
- Experience designing tests and quality assurance
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools like Terraform
What we Offer:
- Participate in building world-class products and applications for our leading-edge AI platform.
- Join a fun, diverse team of the world’s most talented professionals
- Competitive compensation packages
- Highest tier social insurance and local health insurance
- Flexible and open leave policy
- Flexible working hours