We’re hiring ! We’re looking for a smart, innovative DevOps engineer to join our team and build technology to help us change the way people send and receive parcels. We offer flexible working hours, competitive salary, an exciting work environment and a chance to be part of a fast-growing business that is disrupting the ecommerce delivery landscape in South Africa.
You have experience in working in DevOps environments and will join our team to assist in building our ecommerce delivery services. You will focus on infrastructure as code to automate server builds, provision and manage cloud infrastructure, build and manage application images, measure efficiency, assess scalability, monitor and alert on performance and resource thresholds, and assist developers with build process tooling.
Your responsibilities wil include:
- Manage Cloud environment ensuring secure access to all resources.
- Provision infrastructure in accordance with budget constraints.
- Implement secure network topologies.
- Migrate legacy servers into a cloud environment
- Make use of Infrastructure As Code (IAC) maintaining cloud neutrality.
- Collaborate with developers to script machine images
- Automate development build processes.
- Establish monitoring and alerting across the application stack
- Develop specialist skills in open source products which drive platform scalability.
- Apply foresight in solution design for the longevity of the platform
- Improve processes and apply environment standards
- Focus on scalability and efficiency for high throughput services
- Track the latest technology trends to constantly improve our platform
- Constant consideration of the metrics driving your work
- Make sure your internal and external customers needs are met
- Have a keen interest in ecommerce delivery services and trends
- Work collaboratively with our engineers to be part of a high performing team
Because we are a fast growing start-up you need to be able to work efficiently and expediently to achieve outcomes rapidly, cope with change, and have an entrepreneurial mindset. We are looking for someone that meets the following requirements:
- Minimum of three years performing a professional DevOps role.
- Experience in one or more Cloud environments
- Solid Linux skills for performing server administration and resource analysis
- Must be able to perform detailed root cause analysis on performance bottlenecks / error received.
- Experience in managing database environments and/or messaging systems is a plus.
- Ideally a technology related Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Engineering etc.) OR equivalent experience in the industry with a track record of delivering solutions.
- Experience in containerization and orchestration deployment (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Proficient in using development tools such as Github, Jira and following collaborative engineering processes
- Experience in building deployment pipelines is advantageous
- General awareness of technical trends and architectures
Key Skills : Docker, Helm, Kubernetes, Linux, SQL, IAC and proficient in at least one programming language (PHP preferred).
Our vision is to create access for anybody in Africa. Our approach to achieving this is to:
- Take action
- Execute exceptionally
- Embrace change
- Be transparent
- Prioritise our customers and lastly and most importantly
- Dream BIG
What we're looking for
Someone who is aligned to our values and approach and is:
- Self motivated and excited by the possibilities of technology
- Has a systematic approach with an analytical mindset
- Is driven to complete tasks beyond expectations
- Thinks deeply, explain carefully
- Assists others who need help, reach out for input
- Actively participates in continuous improvement
- Is responsive and quick to resolve requests
- Is flexible and open to suggestions
- Focuses on the outcome
- Upgrades their knowledge constantly
- Enjoys their work
We have a great young team of hard-working colleagues who enjoy the following benefits
- Valuable learning opportunities from seasoned professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Insight into the runnings of a high growth, innovative start-up
- Competitive remuneration
- Compelling bonus structure
- Contribution to medical aid and life cover
- Flexible work hours and the opportunity for remote work as well as in office
- Space for self-growth
- Enrolment into personal training programs
- Exciting office space located in Woodstock and remote working options
- Monthly team activities