BECOME PART OF THE TEAM THAT IS CHANGING THE WAY BUSINESSES ACROSS THE WORLD BUILD SOFTWARE. SOVTECH IS A CUSTOM SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT COMPANY WITH TEAMS BASED IN JOHANNESBURG, LONDON, AND CAPE TOWN.
We invest in people who can see the future & who work hard to achieve it. SovTech has a young, dynamic, and fast-growing team. We’re only looking for outstanding people – those unique individuals who are brilliant, are always happy to help, socialize, get involved, work hard, and enjoy what they do! We have a continuous learning culture that allows our people to grow and develop in the opportunities across our various teams.
We design, build, deploy and maintain innovative custom software that allows our clients to start, run and grow world-class businesses. Our teams are globally distributed so we have adopted a Fluid approach to remote vs office-based work, encouraging freedom, fluidity of working location, collaboration & exploration. At SovTech, teams define their remote days to encourage collaboration & knowledge sharing whilst still creating the flexibility of remote working.
Our Company Values (The SovTech Spex):
#Smile #Adapt #Results #Tech #Innovate #Partnership #Sorted #Worldclass #Blitz #GiveASh*t
About the Role:
- Implement next-generation system architectures and automation solutions.
- Prototype new emerging technologies in order to complement new platform adoption recommendations
- Provide technical insight in various emerging technology areas i.e. (CI, CD, ContinuousTesting and Monitoring)
- Serve as a change agent providing assistance to teams within the organization on new innovative ways of working in order to further streamline the current execution lifecycle.
- Build highly automated development pipelines, with zero-touch deployments, allowing both developers and operations to deploy at free will.
- Continuously find new ways to improve flow across the SDLC (software development lifecycle) from source code strategies (like trunk-based development) to continuous integration and test automation practices.
- Create a centralized telemetry infrastructure spanning development (code commits, successful builds, unit testing, etc.), deployment pipelines (environment provisioning, functional test results, performance testing measurements, etc.) and user feedback (likeA/B testing).
What we are looking for:
- SovTech's Enterprise team is looking for a DevOps Engineer to work on a project with one of the big four banks.
- To play a technical role in the adoption of DevOps principles, incl. development, CI/CD, continuous testing and continuous feedback to support the delivery of disruptive driven Fintech solutions.
What Tech would you be working with?
- Cloud technologies in solving problems, namely Amazon WebServices, Azure, Google Cloud
What we can tell you about our culture:
Have a look through our Careers page: Join Our Team, Help Build The Future. Become part of the team that is changing the way businesses across the world build software.
Our latest Blog posts: Visit our latest blog posts to gain insights, tips, news, articles, and tech updates
Humans of SovTech: Finally, if that does not give you enough insight into SovTech, check out our Humans of SovTech Instagram page
- Full-stack developer having built apps (personal or work-related) from the UI layer to service and database layers understanding how each layer interact with one another.
- Experience in using cloud technologies in solving problems, namely Amazon WebServices, Azure, Google Cloud etc.
- Showing an interest in emerging development languages, namely e.g. Scala, Golang, Rust, Lamda or Kotlin.
- Demonstrating an understanding of clustered application containerization technologies,e.g. Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Mesos.
- Have implemented/understand big data analytics frameworks like ELK (Elasticsearch-Logstash-Kibana).
- Experience in building continuous feedback loops into value streams, using a number of technologies incl., Grafana and Elasticsearch, Prometheus, DataDog, AppDynamics, etc.
- Demonstrating an understanding of CI/CD with experience in one or more tools. These include tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, Bamboo, TFS, CDD, XL Deploy and Ansible.
- Maintain awareness of opportunities provided by new technology to address challenges or to enable new ways of working.