Sky.Garden is a SaaS product distribution platform with advanced eCommerce capabilities that allow SME's to sell any product to defined local target audiences on digital channels with ease. Sky.Garden removes the complexity in the fragmented digital advertising landscape and lets business owners focus on customers rather than technology. No cost upon entry. Fully automated local payment and shipping options are integrated out-of-the-box. Safe and secure.
About the role
As a DevOps engineer at Sky.Garden you will work with our small and agile engineering team to design, deploy, secure and monitor our cloud infrastructure, tools and services.
Some of the key technologies we work with include Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure DevOps, SQL Server, Redis, Git, Python, Celery, Django, React, Angular, Firebase.
- Develop and maintain tools to build and deploy our platforms in the cloud.
- Collaborate with engineers to increase the quality & velocity of deployments.
- Help ensure the stability, uptime and speed of our multiple services through proper security, monitoring, alerting, and reporting.
- Contribute to our codebase, including testing suites and CI/CD pipelines.
Skills we are looking for
- Deep understanding of Linux.
- Deep understanding of container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, Kustomize.
- Good understanding of DevOps methodologies with experience building and deploying systems to public clouds such as AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Practical experience in Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English.
- Experience with a programming language such as Python/Go.
- Experience with Azure DevOps or Github Actions
Why work with us?
- The chance to do something meaningful. Sky.Garden products empower small African business owners and creates smooth online business opportunities.
- Our startup culture and a small team means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- We appreciate a work environment based on trust, passion, enthusiasm and positive approach and professionalism.
- Flexible working hours and brilliant work/life balance.
- Possibility to work full-time remote or from our office in Nairobi, Kenya.