AppZone is Africa’s leading provider of home-grown financial technology solutions. We expand the scope and competitiveness of financial institutions by delivering disruptive innovation on agile technology using best practices.
We recognize that our super-talented and highly motivated people are at the core of our unprecedented success so far. As such, we seek for more extraordinary individuals to join our high-performance teams and become part of making history.
Your contributions have the potential to impact millions of people across Africa as we work together to provide technology that empowers people with unlimited access to financial services.
We are looking for a talented, self-driven and ambitious DevOps Support officer to join our support team! you will be responsible for resolving non-code base related technical problems including database, routing system request and resolution of recurring service degradation issues.
As a DevOps Support officer, your responsibilities would include...
- Coordinate relevant functional teams to carry out preventive maintenance activities including deployment, database management, data scripting, infrastructure monitoring and management amongst others.
- Monitor service disruption events and critical thresholds of application services and infrastructure resource metrics
- Participate in the analysis and resolution of issues activities including case logging, problem analysis & resolution, case assignment & tracking, incident notification & reporting, and SLA compliance tracking.
- Provision of support to troubleshoot and resolve all non-code-related technical problems including database, operating system, web-server, integration, networking, and hardware issues, amongst others.
- Provide support for preventive operational activities including routing system resets, disk space management, analysis of recurring service degradation trends, and resolution of recurring service degradation issues
- Coordinate relevant functional teams to implement changes to deployments, configurations, servers and network connections in line with the change management process
- Provide support to application developers and relevant stakeholders in the planning, execution, and automation of deployment activities.
- Provision of a reliable interface between application support and relevant functional teams during implementation, maintenance, and support engagements by giving regular and timely work progress updates.
- Coordinate, monitor and provide status updates for day to day operational concerns to customers and stakeholders
- Contribute in the documentation and adherence to technical policies and procedures
- Provide training to internal stakeholders with relevant tools and technical documentation.
- Communicate effectively well with internal/external parties
- BSc in Engineering, Comp. Sci, Other
- Experience working in a Software Company, Fintech, Bank, IT Infrastructure Company, System Integrators.
- 2yrs+ DevOps, application admin work experience.
- Knowledge of Software, Payment, Banking, IT Infrastructure, Cloud Computing Platforms
- Understanding of Scrum, Continuous Integration/Deployment, Change Management, Database Management, IT Automation, Microservices.
- Problem Solving, Analytical Thinking, Attention to Detail, Communication, Teamwork, Proactivity