The world is changing.
We all want something different.
At Luno, we see you as an individual.
Together, we're upgrading the world of work to unleash your potential and empower you to become the best possible version of yourself.
Upgrading the entire planet to a new financial system is a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We’re changing the financial landscape, and to do so, we need the best team on board for our mission. In short, to achieve our goals, we need people with exceptional talent. As simple as that.
A little about us
- We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- We currently have over 6 million customers across 40 countries.
- We're part of the Digital Currency Group, a group of companies driving progress in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space that includes Grayscale, Genesis, Coindesk and Foundry Services
- Our platform has processed over $17 billion to date
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams from 43 different nationalities — working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria and Singapore.
Your role in a nutshell:
As a Financial Crime Analyst, you’ll be focusing on building and empowering the Financial Crime Analytics team with the Team Lead. You’ll also be working closely with other Financial Crime and Protect & Serve fleet team members. You’ll be facilitating cross-team projects, helping shape our platform to reward genuine behaviour and minimise bad behaviour, and contributing to our growth plan.
Your mission will involve:
- Identifying problems and recommending enhancements based on the assessment of Financial Crime systems and processes.
- Helping to build a platform which rewards good customer behaviour by reducing friction and minimises bad behaviour.
- Helping to scale the capability and capacity of the team through the use of technology.
- Implementing machine learning technology to leverage the use of technology.
- Leveraging Financial Crime technologies to identify patterns which alert us to risk including:
- Behavioral analysis risk scoring;
- Network analysis;
- Anti-Money Laundering systems, etc.
- Implementing automated friction focused on:
- Proactive monitoring;
- Efficiency; and
- Creating and maintaining metrics dashboards.
- Providing input into new products from a Financial Crime analytics perspective.
- Assisting with the preparation of reports which measure the effectiveness of the team.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and implement new tools and features from a Financial Crime analytics perspective.
In the first 3 months you will:
- Have a thorough functional understanding of Luno’s Financial Crime tools and integrations.
- Support the execution of the Financial Crime Analytics team’s initiatives.
- Identify and understand the challenges and propose solutions to circumvent them.
- Gain exposure to cryptocurrency, financial crime and customer security.
The ideal Lunaut for this role, will have:
- A relevant degree Btech Diploma from an accredited college/university in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Math or a related quantitative field of study.
- A minimum of 2 year experience in data analysis or investigative roles within Financial Services, specifically using technology to mitigate against Financial Crime or Anti-Money Laundering related risks.
- Proven functional understanding of Financial Crime and Machine Learning technologies (Anti-Money Laundering systems, customer and transaction risk scoring, network analysis, etc.).
- Ability to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses of large and complex data as it relates to the project requirements in the Financial Crime space.
- Passion for Data Analysis and Financial Crime topics in the crypto space!
Behaviour competencies required:
- Critical Thinking: Provides evidence of clear analytical thinking. Gets to the heart of complex problems and issues. Applies own expertise effectively. Quickly learns new technology. Communicating well in writing and can explain complex technical analysis to a non-technical audience.
- Creative Thinking: Open to new ideas and experiences. Seeks out learning opportunities. Handles situations and problems with innovation and creativity. Thinks broadly and strategically. Supports and drives organisational change.
- Plans and Organises: Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organised way. Follows directions and procedures. Delivers within the agreed time frames.
- Delivers Results: Focuses on results and achieving personal work objectives. Works best when work is related closely to results and the impact of personal efforts is obvious. Shows an understanding of business, commerce and finance.
Remote Life at Luno
If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is an opportunity for you.
Like the majority of the companies, Luno is currently working remotely to keep our employees safe, which means you will not be physically, but virtually onboarded for now!
- Live long and prosper. We’ve got you covered with excellent private medical insurance.
- You'll be able to continuously upskill yourself with access to free courses on Udemy, Coursera and CodeAcademy.
- For the crypto fans among you (should be everyone!), you'll pay 0 fees with Luno from the day you start
- Generous maternity / paternity and even (yes, you are reading it correctly) paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Apple all the way. New Macbook, mouse and keyboard.
- Annual Inspiration Day... like that pottery course you’ve always been meaning to do!
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
- We are a social bunch of people, we have virtual quarterly activities and drinks Fridays for whoever wants to join!
- We have virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts to break up your day and work that other part of your brain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.