Zando was founded in 2012 and since then has grown exponentially to become one of South Africa’s biggest online fashion store. Zando forms part of the Jumia Group, the leading e-commmerce platform in Africa. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive. With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa and offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Zando is currently looking for a Fronted Developer with good team spirit and a desire to make an impact through building incredible software. You will be responsible for interacting with the backend team to implement interfaces for all of our public-facing and in-house software systems, while adhering to industry best-practices. If you are able to solve recurring problems with smart sustainable solutions, Zando has an incredible opportunity for you!
Key Performance Areas:
- Software development
- Actively managing the integrity, quality and aspiration of all creatives and concepts developed
- Improvement and quality management of code base
- Quality assurance
- Driving project innovation
- Prioritising bug fixes appropriately and action in a timely manner
- Refactoring where appropriate and proactively proposing improvements and optimisations
- Consulting with end-users and stakeholders on deliverables with regards to usability
- Solution design and appropriate testing through strict coding
- Developing and implementing UX solutions
Technologies we work with:
- Bootstrap 3;
- JS Frameworks and libraries such as AngularJS, jQuery, Vue;
- Responsive design;
- REST, JSON;
- Backend technologies such as PHP, MySQL, Ubuntu, Nginx etc;
- Version control with Git;
- Build systems such as Gulp / Grunt;
- NodeJS & NPM;
- Unit & integration testing.
Education, skills, behaviour and knowledge required:
- Knowledge of most of the technologies described above.
- Knowledge of SEO
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems
- Experience with HTML/CSS with recent focus on responsive design
- Experience with command line/terminal
- Experience with creating email templates for marketing campaigns
- Experience working in an Agile Environment
- A proactive, goal-oriented, reliable and self-structured way of working.
- A passion for web development, the desire to grow and mentor others.
- Ability to live the Zando values:
- Delivers customer satisfaction;
- Leads completely;
- Embraces and drives change;
- Goes the extra mile;
- Is adventurous, open-minded and creative;
- Creates fun and a positive team spirit.
- This appointment will be made in accordance with the Company’s Employment Equity Plan and preference will be given to people from Designated Groups and people with a disability, provided such job applicants meet the inherent criteria of the vacancy.Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.