As a full stack software engineer, you will be responsible for architecting and building the services and UIs that drive our coaching platform. We plan on giving our clients unprecedented visibility into the coaching process and operations. With this opportunity comes tremendous technical challenges around ingesting, managing, and understanding high-volume streams of heterogeneous data.
You are a strong software engineer who is passionate about large-scale systems. You care about producing clean, elegant, maintainable, robust, well-tested code; you do this as a member of a team, helping the group come up with a better solution than you would as individuals. Ideally, you have experience with performance, scalability, and reliability issues of 24x7 commercial services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Technology, Information Systems or related field
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Build APIs to support mobile apps, web UI’s, and data ingestion applications
- Work up and down our technical stack that includesBackend: Ruby, Node, Postgres, ElasticSearch, and RabbitMQ asFrontend: React
- Backend: Ruby, Node, Postgres, ElasticSearch, and RabbitMQ as
- Frontend: React
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our backend and frontend systems.
- Write robust code; demonstrate its robustness through automated tests.
- Work with Product, Backend, Frontend, Data Engineering, and QA teams, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs.
- Competitive salary.
- State-of-the-art computer hardware and software.
- Flexible schedule.
- Your work makes a difference in people's lives.