Carry1st is the leading mobile game publisher in Africa. We develop, market, and monetize engaging apps combining proprietary technology, accessible payment channels, and hyper-local distribution. In our first year, we published a #1 game in Nigeria and Kenya and just soft-launched our second title. We have over a million customers and hundreds of thousands of unique monthly active users.
In 2020, we look to scale to over 1M monthly active users across Africa, scaling our first two franchises; localizing and publishing content from third-party partners; and building out the integrated payments and workflow technology services to support our platform. We're a fast-growing start-up and looking for ambitious people to join our ambitious team!
What makes you a great candidate?
- Desire to work hard and solve challenging problems in a dynamic start-up environment
- Experience developing scalable backend services with Java 8+, Spring, Spring Boot, and NodeJS
- Experience with integrated payment solutions and/or consumer mobile applications
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or relevant IT qualification
- Bonus: Experience developing games and/or media streaming applications
- Bonus: Experience building native mobile apps in Kotlin, React Native, iOS
What will you do?
- Build, maintain, and improve the next generation of Carry1st products in mobile web, Android, iOS
- Architect and build mission-critical backend services to support the growth of the platform
- Collaborate with team members to ensure we deliver in a fast, agile manner with high quality code
- Backend code to be written primarily in Java, Node.js, and PHP with some Python when warranted
- Hosting in AWS with use of EC2, Aurora, S3, ELB, Route53 – managed with Terraform IaC
- DevOps/CI implemented using Jira, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Prometheus, and Grafana
- Caching is implemented primarily via Redis
- Queuing is implemented via RabbitMQ
What will we offer you?
- The opportunity to build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- A flat structure where taking the lead is encouraged
- Competitive cash compensation and equity ownership
- Work with cool people and impact millions of customers
This position is based in Cape Town, South Africa – an emerging global tech hub that provides an amazing quality of life. We’ll support your relocation if you’re not here already!
We are looking for the best people to join us to rapidly innovate and scale across Africa. Join us!