The Growth Art Director is responsible for the direction, creation and continuous improvement of digital marketing assets at Yoco. The role bridges strategy and operations, with a core focus on setting the tone for all artwork involved across all of Yoco Technology’s digital communication touchpoints. Yoco is a remote-first company, and will accept applications from anywhere. Preference will however be given to an individual who is either from South Africa, or who has lived in South Africa for an extended period of time, to enable their ability to understand the context and empathise with our customers.ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?Key Responsibilities:
- The Growth Art Director is responsible for the innovation, creation and continuous improvement of digital marketing assets at Yoco.
- Work in partnership with the Growth Creative Lead to direct in-house (as well as freelance) copywriters and designers on ideation, strategy and craft.
- Direct and set the tone for all art involved in Yoco’s digital communication, across Paid Social, Web, CRM.
- Ensure Yoco’s brand representation is consistent throughout all digital marketing channels.
- Further develop and innovate our design language, assets, and communication, tailored to the characteristics of each channel along the acquisition funnel.
- Implement continuous improvement processes, driving awareness, customer engagement and sales.
- Assist in Brand ideation; build strong, long-term relationships with brand marketing and in-house design studio teams.
- Assist in the development and refinement of workflows and processes
- Mentor the in-house and freelance designers and animators.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- Creative thinking, doing things better and more, with less
- Proficient in all relevant tools and frameworks
- Understanding of customers’ journeys and the related storytelling and content at each step.
- Experience in design thinking – ability to do iterative designing and prototyping with customer and data input
- Experience conceptualising and managing initiatives from start to finish, with evidence of business outcome.
- Mastery of the business design landscape, including but not limited to design intelligence, measurement, KPIs, organizational change, design storytelling, design thinking, culture change, coaching; evidence of fresh, original perspective.
- AB testing & continuous improvement management (process, systems)
- Big picture thinker with an obsession for detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills.
- You have advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro as well as extensive experience in CSS & HTML
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.Core Values -Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles -How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife page or subscribe to our Exposure GalleryJoin us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!Please note… Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.