Kibanda Topup is a venture-backed technology company currently operating in Kenya. Our mission is to increase restaurants’ contribution to Africa’s GDP. We do this by enabling small and medium restaurants through access to affordable goods and financial services.
The Head of Finance will be in charge of all management reporting and budgeting, designing & implementing financial processes related to our suppliers and customers, and filing our taxes. We are looking for a reliable Head of Finance that will analyze everyday financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans. The goal is to enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives.
To be successful in this role, you should have a Finance academic background. The ideal candidate is a team leader who understands business needs and is able to focus on both high-level reporting as well as financial details. Work experience at one of the Big-4 and/or in FMCG is highly desirable.
What You Will Do
- Provide financial reports to senior leadership and interpret financial information while recommending further courses of action.
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results, and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Correspond with various other departments to embed streamlined financial processes and agree on future plans.
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals, objectives, and quality standards, and design a framework for these to be met.
- File taxes for the company
- Maintain the financial health of the organization, and work with external parties where necessary
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
What you need
- Proven experience as a Finance Manager, incl. end-responsibility for financial reporting, analyzing and accounting
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- Thorough understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of Kenyan statutory legislation and regulations
- Confident user of finance software and excellent excel skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus
- Experience in FMCG is a plus