Founded in Cape Town by a South African engineer, Stella Ciolli, SKOON. is a natural skin care collection that uses best-in-class non-toxic ingredients in scientifically formulated combinations. SKOON. is high-end skincare and lifestyle brand that caters to consumers’ need for non-toxic and luxury-based products The brand has a loyal customer base and is planning for rapid global expansion over the next three to five years, through a robust omnichannel go to market strategy, both locally & abroad.
SKOON. is searching for a forward-thinking, driven Head of finance to lead the day-to-day finance, accounting, and administration functions. Reporting to the CEO, the successful incumbent will liaise with the board's finance team and assist with strategic planning and management of multiple revenue streams.
The position provides a unique opportunity for a self-directed individual to play a critical role in building a new and innovative skin care business from the ground up.
- Registered CA(SA) or CIMA professional from a recognized institution
- 7 years post articles experience in Finance and Planning of which at least 3 or more years of experience at a Management/Senior Financial Manager level within a blue-chip FMCG organisation
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Solid experience in FP&A and commercial finance
- Solid knowledge of S&OP and control environment
- Previous experience in FMCG Supply finance (advantageous)
- Proficient in MS Office suite with the ability to communicate confidently at all levels (verbal and written)
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to establish work priorities for multiple projects
- Displays a sense of urgency, high energy, and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- An entrepreneurial spirit that is results-driven
- Able to lead by example and deliver on-time results
- Adaptable with the ability to work independently as well as a team in a fast paced environment
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Managing the financial reporting for the organisation. This includes monthly financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting, 5-year financial plans, and all statutory financial reporting
- Presentation of financial results and insights to the Board
- Play a key role in the formulation of the business's strategy
- Overseeing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Tax, Payroll, Financial, and Management Accounting functions.
- Managing and overseeing the cash flow of the company
- Managing and overseeing the taxation affairs of the organisation and liaising with the external tax firm for specialist advice
- Managing the External Auditor relationship and ensuring the organisation is compliant with accounting standards
- Risk Management to ensure the business has a solid risk framework in place
- Partnering with the Sales and Marketing functions to drive the company P&L, including assessing the implication of various commercial decisions
- Trade spend analysis, marketing spend analysis, driving ROI optimization
- Overseeing commercial decision making from margin analysis, pricing analysis, channel profitability, etc
- Preparing models to assess future profitability of identified opportunities
- Implement a performance tracking system on individual’s KPI’s, such as daily sales, forecast accuracy, A&P management, etc.
Cost & Management Accounting
- Regular and accurate reporting on costings, margins, budgets, cash flow, and forecasting
- Cost optimization in the production process
- Knowledge of S&OP and control environment
- Manufacturing Controlling Processes - Product Costing, Inventory Accounting, Internal Order Accounting, Cost Centre Accounting, Budget and Forecast Planning, Manufacturing Variance Analysis, Profitability Analysis, Cost Controlling
- Advising and implementing best practice methods to increase revenue and reduce costs
- Manages SKOON.s administration of compensation and benefits, compliance, adherence to policies
- Maintains corporate documents, Human Resources files, policies, and third-party agreements
- Coordinates legal and risk management efforts
- The opportunity to play a key role in the growth and management of one of South Africa’s most exciting start-ups.
- You will be part of the Executive Management team.
- The opportunity to stamp your signature (add value) to the process and systems put in place.
- Working with a small SME allows for creative thinking and innovative leadership.
- Great office location - Cape Town (commercial office) and Klapmuts, Stellenbosch (manufacturing)