Ozow is the future of payment — a world-class payment platform for customers and merchants that is Ozow easy, Ozow fast and Ozow secure. With benefits as big as our ambitions, we’re looking for candidates who can inspire us and be inspired by us. We’re striving to become the industry leader that provides the simplest and easiest way to pay. And while we’re on our way to building an inclusive payments market, we’re building an equally inclusive workforce. So, join us as we achieve big things and beyond.
More about this Ozow fantastic position
As the Head of Finance at Ozow you will play a crucial role in driving the success of Ozow’s financial strategy, by combining a deep knowledge and understanding of Ozow’s business with financial and business metrics to help guide strategy and resource allocation.
You are a foundational member of our expanding leadership team and will work closely with the executive team to inform and support decision making.
You are an ideal candidate if:
- CA(SA) qualification
- 10+ years’ relevant experience in finance
- Advanced financial modeling skills in Excel (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots)
Your roles and responsibilities
- Creating long-term finance department strategic plans which align with company's strategic plan.
- Financial management and execution. Overseeing and managing business financial management and ascertain areas which need improvement. Conducting internal financial audits. Ensuring impeccable and detailed financial records; overseeing that taxes and record filing are done correctly and to government standard. Executing on the department’s strategic plans.
- Financial risk. Assessing the financial risk of any and all business operations, investments, and innovations and mitigate accordingly.
- Team leadership. Leading and managing the financial team including coaching and developing employees and teams for a more effective skill-set and work environment.
- Inter-departmental collaboration. Collaborating with other department heads about budget, commercial opportunity, capital expenditure, investment opportunity, and divestments. Developing and maintaining efficient communication processes to ensure smooth and consistent flow of information between departments.
- New products. Supporting new products and special project development with financial analysis and reporting
- Reporting and insights. Driving reporting and analytics from a systematic and technological approach, leveraging existing systems and thinking of opportunities for new developments. Liaising with stakeholders, providing advice and progress reports. Identifying patterns in company spending and revenue; creating and proposing solutions to any problem areas.
- External communication. Communicating with outside financial entities on behalf of the company.
Your skills and experience
- Analytical. You are able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. You exhibit a probing mind and achieve deep insights.
- Honest and have integrity. You do not cut corners ethically. You earn the trust and maintain the confidence of clients and team members.
- Strategic in your thinking. You are able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. You determine opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- A team player. You reach out to peers and cooperate with supervisors to establish and overall collaborative working relationship.
- Highly attentive to detail. You do not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Persuasive. You are able to convince others to pursue a course of action. You are a skilled facilitator and able to resolve conflicts when they occur.
- Open to criticism and ideas. You often solicit feedback and react calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Able to hire and develop A Players. You source, select and sell A Players to join a company. You coach people in their current roles to improve performance and prepare them for future roles.
- Flexible/ adaptable. You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change.
- A good communicator. You speak and write clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative.
- Entrepreneurial. You have experience creating new value within the business.
Health and safety first
These are unprecedented times and because our people couldn’t be more important to us, health and safety couldn’t be more important to us. We’ve made sure that our office is a safe place to work and we’ll continue to do so, to ensure that we combat the spread of COVID-19.
Benefits as big as our ambitions — huge
At Ozow, first and foremost, you’ll get to do meaningful work and grow your career. But we’re also not your average 9-5 company. We work together and play together and because we really care, we offer plenty of perks too.
Some of the things to look forward to:
Fitness challenges and healthy eating. Medical and Life insurance plans. Be the hero or toast the hero of the month at first-Friday drinks. Take half a day off from work on your birthday and let us celebrate this special day with you by giving you a little spoil. Your family is our family, they to get spoils and get to join us on special events. Our holistic wellness program will give you access to a toll-free confidential telephonic counselling line which is available in all 11 languages, 365 days a year. We thrive on seeing our team members grow by creating a learning culture. There is so much more where this came from, but enough to get you excited.
Convinced? We thought so.
If we seem like the kind of forward-thinking, progress-making, energetic company you’ve been waiting for, give us a shout. We’d love to hear from you.