What are we looking for?
We are seeking a motivated, experienced, and highly skilled individual who will have primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, management and running of all the Finance activities of the company, including Business planning, Budgeting, Forecasting and Negotiations. The candidate will also obtain and maintain investor relations and partnership compliance.
As Head of Finance your responsibilities will include:
- Plan, develop, direct, and oversee Carbon’s Finance function and its performance
- Initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position – oversee Carbon’s local debt raising program to support business growth
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends
- Build complex ad hoc financial analyses to understand key business trends and inform long-term planning
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization
- Launch / manage new initiatives like securitization, P2P marketplace for loans etc.
- Oversee the annual audit exercise and liaise with external auditors as necessary
- Manage key stakeholder relationships including Central Bank, Auditors, respective tax authorities as well as bank and deposit
- Provide leadership to the Finance team.
You should apply if you have:
- Passion and drive to disrupt the consumer lending industry for the better
- Proven work experience as a Head of Finance, or similar role managing a finance/accounting team
- Prior capital raising experience with a top-tier Bank/investment bank/asset management firm is a plus
- Strong industry network including experience dealing with banks, regulators, and tax authorities
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Strong working knowledge of financial reporting tools, such as QuickBooks and Excel
- BA/MBA in Accounting or Finance or relevant field; CPA/CFA qualification and FCA Certification is a plus.
- Role reports to the CEO
- At Carbon, People are the heart of the business so we prioritize their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to;
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Career development & Growth.
- We are advocates of work life balance and offer a remote working option for certain roles.