Pariti is building a community engine that truly accelerates businesses by finding and matching founders with the right resources at the right time - tools, talent, knowledge and capital.
We are looking for a Head of Marketing & Community with a passion in building movements & communities in emerging markets. A track record of creative problem solving, not afraid to get your hands dirty, and an ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment. Your role will report to the Chief Operating Officer and interface closely with the CEO and Head of Product, informing the build of the Pariti platform. You will play an integral role in shaping the future of the Pariti platform and have an opportunity to grow as Pariti grows.
A startup is not a business, it’s a movement. We are challenging the way capital & resources are allocated to founders in emerging markets. If you are looking to create a fire, disrupt industries and build a movement to help entrepreneurs succeed, then this is the job for you.
- Create and own learning programs with startups and investor clients across Africa
- Nurture and manage a community of a diverse set of remote freelancers, fellows, founders & investors to lead to meaningful interactions
- Formulate and manage the external brand & presence of the company (social media, content marketing)
- Partner and rely on the community of founders, experts, and investors to create content (spotlights, interviews, thought leadership, etc.)
- Devise and manage all internal & external communications (outreach campaigns, newsletters, CRM)
- Maintain a solid and current understanding of the early-stage investing ecosystem to ensure success for our clients
- Evangelize Pariti and its product to others in the ecosystem
Skills & Requirements
- B.A/B.S. in Business, Finance, Communications, Marketing or a related field with 2+ years of startup, marketing or community experience
- An evangelist, movement creator, leader at heart with a fire to help bring parity to underserved communities
- Proven team player with experience working in fast paced organizations
- In-depth understanding of the early-stage startup ecosystem in Africa and emerging markets more generally
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills
- Desire to learn, sharpen skills and grow within the company
- Entrepreneurial spirit