SafeBoda is looking for a Head of Marketing to drive SafeBoda towards being the best consumer platform in Africa. The ideal candidate will have both strong marketing, brand, and customer acquisition experience and a start-up mentality. The position will drive key strategic decisions for the company and will play a pivotal role in shaping the company’s future.
- Lead SafeBoda’s marketing and brand efforts, managing a large team
- Proactively identify opportunities to grow SafeBoda’s brand awareness, both online and offline. To note, offline is particularly important for our markets.
- Lead the efforts in telling our story, working to enhance and build SafeBoda presence across our markets in Africa.
- Design and develop cross-channel customer growth programs to improve activation, retention, and loyalty. Specifically: ATL Media, Digital channels, PR & influencer marketing & events
- Coordinate with global management and country teams on the strategy to acquire customers and build a great brand.
You should have
- +5 years of professional experience, with strong knowledge of marketing, growth hacking, and branding, consumer products
- Proven leadership and management experience at scale is essential - managing multiple deadlines with a large and diverse team. Strong leadership skills are a must for this role.
- Expert in digital marketing and managing multiple campaigns, understanding ROI, and other key metrics. Understand the leading industry acquisition methods.
- Proven business planning and management skills - exhibit the ability to navigate ambiguity, juggle multiple tasks, think independently and problem solve. A structured hypothesis-driven approach to problem-solving is a must.
- Data-driven - be able to analyze data and marketing analytics to make informed investment decisions and to report on the effectiveness and efficiency of growth drivers - be confident using Excel or other tools to collect, analyze and present sets of data. Be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders and being open to new ideas and feedback.
- Understand our users - lives and breathes the user experience by having immersed themselves in user trends, research, and live interactions. Complements all decisions with supportive analytics and has shown a bias to test/measure performance continuously.
- Excellent storytelling skills - you’re a gifted writer with a strong creative eye - you’re able to tell the stories and create ads that you know will appeal to our customers and partners, and you do so in a compelling way to build our brand.
- Getting things done - you have an entrepreneurial mindset, applied at scale, and through working with others. Ruthless about the prioritization of goals, strategies, and individual tasks. You should be able to create a culture of flawless execution, timely delivery, and of high quality.
- Strong academic performance with at a minimum a completed Bachelor/Undergraduate degree with excellent grades.
- Be well connected, you know who the cool cats are and how to get our app in their hands.
- Live the SafeBoda values, represent the company in everything you do, and constantly fly the flag.
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth and impact
- Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced company in Africa
- Competitive salary
- Free SafeBoda transport
- Free lunch every day