Impact Strategist & Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Specialist
The Wikimedia Foundation seeks a highly collaborative and analytical audience & market impact professional to track the progress, trends and success of our strategies and campaigns. This work is critical to growing Wikipedia usage worldwide. In this role, you will work with the Foundation communications, product, advancement, community, partnership, and research teams to monitor and report on overall global growth and engagement initiatives. Lead implementation of the diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy by providing insights, thought leadership and guidance to leadership teams as well as operational teams. You will create high-level and detailed impact reporting and views for up-to-date sharing with partners, compiled from a variety of source reporting systems.
You are responsible for:
- Provide insights to the contributing factors in Wikipedia product usage. Across audiences, regions, languages, and cultures
- Know our audience inside and out across regions. Keep a close eye on current and upcoming current events, initiatives, strategies and campaigns are currently in play, and accurately organize reporting for further impact analysis
- Compile and distribute up-to-date campaign and strategy impact performance reports. by working with key partners to understand reporting needs, impact metrics and initiatives to track; how to organize the dashboard and supporting reports; and how often to update the reports
- Partner with internal and external partners. By offering a qualitative and quantitative perspective, in conjunction with all involved parties within the external communications teams as well as other sources within the insights team
- A diversity, equity, and inclusion first approach. Ensure a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens is being considered to the best case possible by offering a qualitative and quantitative perspective on the matter. Gather diversity, equity, and inclusion related data sets as needed through internal and external means.
Skills and Experience:
- Campaign reporting experience
- Solid understanding of web analytics & tagging process
- Experience working with secure technical data feeds and transmissions
- Demonstrated experience organizing and building reporting scorecards, dashboards and detailed report deep-linking.
- Experience creating and implementing successful insights strategies with collaborative outcomes
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sound judgment with proven ability to make objective data-based decisions
- Analytical and innovative approach to aggregating and sharing data reports
- A deep love for Wikipedia/Wikimedia, the joy of discovery, and empowering the expansion of free knowledge
- Experience working with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Passion for marketing work and engaging diverse international audiences
- Embrace the idea that we don’t live in a perfect world and be willing to try new creative solutions to both old and new challenges
- Proficiency in SQL and Python is welcomed
Qualities that are important to us:
- Resilience—we work on new and interesting problems in a public and collaborative ways
- Being open, curious, and inquiring in our work
- Internal motivation and high standards
- Working together for outcomes, and being willing to change course
- Sharing a culture of constructive honest criticism and respect
- Natural inclination for team collaboration and for helping colleagues succeed
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge freely. We host Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive donations from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (415) 839-6885.
U.S. Benefits & Perks*
- Health Care Benefits Covered at 100%: We cover 100% of premiums for medical, dental and vision plans for all full time employees and eligible dependents
- Wellness Reimbursement Program: Up to 1,800.00 USD per year for reimbursement for staff wellness expenses, such as gym fees, educational expenses, and more
- Technology and Equipment Stipend: In addition to receiving a brand new laptop, monitor, & docking station, all new hires receive 600.00 USD stipend to set up their space for working virtually
- Professional Development Program: Up to 750.00 USD reimbursement per year to encourage continuous learning through attending conferences, courses, workshops and the purchase of educational materials
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Employer match of up to 4% of employee contributions dollar for dollar with no vesting period
- Paid Time Off: Generous paid time off policy of over 45 days, which includes: vacation days, at least one observed holiday a month, sick leave, and volunteer days
- Flexible Schedules: Options available to balance your personal and remote-work life
- Silent Fridays: No scheduled meetings so you can get caught up at the end of each week
- New Parent Leave: Fully paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, and flexible options as you embark on your return to work
- Fertility and Adoption Reimbursement Plan: Reimburses staff up to 5,000.00 USD in expenses per year, with a lifetime maximum of 10,000.00 USD
- Assistance for those unexpected life events: Long and short term disability, life insurance, and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax Savings Plans: Generously funded health savings accounts (HSAs), pre-tax contribution options for health care, child care & elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
*Please note that for remote roles located outside of the U.S., we defer to our PEO (Professional Employee Organization) to ensure alignment with local labor laws.