Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
The Stack Infrastructure team at Elastic supports critical operations within engineering, and with that comes expertise in a number of operational tools. We take supporting the community around our stack seriously, and part of that work is to provide the right modules and libraries for our products to work with other projects in the broader software ecosystem. We're seeking a motivated engineer with experience writing go to help us build Terraform providers for our suite of products!
What you will be doing:
- Design, implement, and maintain public, open-source Terraform provider code. Writing the actual code is just one aspect: in this position you'll have the responsibility and autonomy to drive a significant portion of the overall direction and strategy to deliver.
- Be a part of the Infrastructure team within engineering at Elastic. We're a group of engineers with responsibilities that range from SRE type work to developing applications, but we share a common mission to solve challenges with software. Helping to operate our infrastructure, including participation in a support rotation, are an aspect of this team as well.
- Work within our engineering environment which includes technologies like Kubernetes, public cloud orchestration, CI/CD pipelines, and a variety of custom services in varying programming languages.
What you'll bring to this role:
- Experience writing quality go code. We're looking for software that is well-tested, maintainable, and ultimately meets the criteria for a sustainable software project. Prior experience writing or designing APIs or other high-level architectural designs will be a great aid for this role.
- The ability to take ownership for the various aspects of a public-facing software project. This includes things like working with contributors, writing documentation, and managing the expectations of users in a public forum.
Skills and interests that will help in this role:
- A love for Elastic products. This isn't a deal-breaker, but prior experience operating and/or using software like Elasticsearch will put you in a fantastic position to succeed!
- Familiarity working in a remote environment. We rely on clear, frequent communication with a team of peers as distributed as we are.
- A healthy desire to learn and appetite for curiosity. None of us are experts in all the technologies we use and support, but we're inclined to expand our skills when the situation demands.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave